Dr. SueSS

Aug 20th...starting the pre-op diet tomorrow!

I should be thankful that my journey so far has been so short.  Six weeks ago I mentioned weight loss surgery to my general physician and here I am counting down the days before it happens.  I've researched and read everything I can get my hands on but would love to hear your personal experiences to help me get ready.

I am starting the pre-op diet tomorrow too! On one hand I've been looking forward to getting to this point that I'm kind of excited (it's been a long year of waiting for me). On the other hand... I'm worried that it's going to be hard to cook for my family and not feel terribly deprived. My brother and his family are coming to town, and I will be at a steakhouse for their baby shower. I am pre-planning to cheat on that day and have a 6oz steak w steamed broccoli. So many other people have different pre-op diets, or no pre-op diet, that I feel comfortable allowing it. 

good luck, my surgery is the 21st and I had even less time to prepare. the wife and I went to a seminar on July 19th and here we are, her surgery is September 11th.