Survived 1st longer trip in hotels

✿ Paula ✿

I survived a 1 1/2 week on vacation. Went to my son's Basic Training Graduation in hot Texas. Brought a cooler with my "safe foods"

We still ate out everyday. Fortunately much was Mexican food. Always ordered double beans and no rice on my plate. Often a chicken or beef enchilada and just ate the innards. Everything I ate sat beautifully.

While driving we would stop at a grocery store for lunch and get a piece of chicken from the deli and a piece of fruit. Sure is cheaper to eat that way!

Breakfast often was a Quest protein bar.

I didn't eat enough of my greek yogurt or use my miralax .

I have ALWAYS, ALWAYS had a slow digestive system with gastroparesis. But traveling puts my bowels on hold!

I kept my vitamins in little jewelry plastic bags and did pretty darn good with that system. Grab a baggie and go for the day!

So good to be home and back on routine and clean eating!

Happy 2+ years out.

post-18175-0-42182100-1375640930_thumb.j

Edited by Paula's Overhauled

Okay, a little victory bragging. Well maybe a lot, but this is a "safe zone" right? LOL

I stayed off the scale all week for fear of what it would show.

I felt bloated, swollen from the heat, and sitting in a car for so many hours.

As hard as I tried to make good menu choices , who really knows what is in the food at restaurants. I was preparing myself for a 15 lb. weight gain. Pretty stupid to think I could put on that much during a short vacation. Trust me my wheels have been turning.

I was certain it was going to be baaaaddd!

Well, if I gained I'll never know because my weight was just where I like it.

It feels so good to know my tool works and I know how to use it outside of my home and comfort zone.

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful family....oh wait ;)

Why thank you! My beautiful daughter is missing in this photo. She must have been behind the camera. I forsee in her future she will be in front of the camera more often!

Hummmm, she has the same name as you...

post-18175-0-05384300-1377658549_thumb.j

You all look great! Especially you in your singlet top! You rock that colour!

You all look great! Especially you in your singlet top! You rock that colour!

That actually means a lot to me. I wasn't brave enough to even where them when I was younger.