momofthree2013

Surgery scheduled for August 22, 2013

Hi everyone, I have my gastric bypass surgery scheduled for August 22.  I am so excited, its unreal.  I start a three week liquid diet in 2 days, I have lots of determination so I know I can do it.  Anyone else here, having surgery on that date?

I am having the sleeve on the 19th. I have a mandatory class I have to take on Wednesday that is going to be a pain to go to since it is right in the middle of my sleep time. (I work nights).

I'm the 27th ..... It's starting to set in and I'm getting excited. Trying to keep positive . I start my pre op diet next week.

Great, there are others here going through this around the same time.  I started my pre-op diet, which consists of nothing except 5 bottles og Ensure-high protein, 1.5 cups skim milk, and 5 glasses of zero calorie beverages.  I am now on day three and its not too bad.  Yes there are times I want food but I think of the upcoming surgery and that stops me from cheating.  I lost 9 lbs in two days on this diet. 

Wow that's a VERY liquid diet! lol I'm glad yours isn't too bad for you handle.

I am also the 22nd, Brisbane Australia. Nervous but excited. Protein shakes 3times a day, celery and water on my pro op diet, going well, no issues so far.

im the day before. good luck.