Coreyr

New in South Sacramento

I call Dr. G my "12 year old doc" because he seems so young.  :P  But he has done a marvelous job every step of the way.  I think whoever you see at the orientation is the doctor that seems best.  I had Dr. Grinberg so I was thrilled to get him.  But all the doctors have been great. 

In  terms of vitamins, I got all of mine on Amazon- both the chewable and non chewable.  At the pre-op nutrition meeting the nutritionist checked all of the chewable to make sure they met the requirements.  She suggested a cheaper route by going to Costo for some but the ease of Amazon was worth it to me.  Make sure you get sublingual B12 and B1 is a capsule (no chewable available).  

I have found the process AMAZINGLY easy so far.  I only took pain meds the first 2 days.  And I am doing my walking etc.  I had no nausea- although I had a lot of stuff on board to prevent it.   The nurses and staff at South Sac seemed wonderful to me :)  Really appreciated the pre-op and post op staff.  

If you have other questions let me know.  I am just sitting at home, drinking water, drinking protein, and drinking meals...  and going for walks.  looking forward to getting back to real life soon!

I am having more luck on amazon than costco, i got my calcium at costco and i got some b12 there I found some b12 chewable passion fruit bariatric advantage in the ferrous fumarate, I am going to email my NUT so see if all I am picking are okay.

I found blue bonnet d3 chewable on amazon, and the best multi seems to be the bariatric advantage on amazon, I will crush or break up my centrum later but at least for the first month i want the good stuff.

Blue bonnet has a b12 chewable but it says mcg, I am thinking this is not the correct kind, this is kind of overwhelming!

Sounds like you are well on your way!  you may want to double check the B12 as I believe it has to be sublingual (under your tongue).

Off for another walk today.  walk, walk, walk....

16003624.png
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wow, it is awesome that the South Sac Kaiser group just keeps growing.  As stated above we are very lucky to get to have surgery so close to home.  I am glad we do not have to go back and forth to Richmond.  Congrats to the ladies who have had their surgery!!!  I am sure all of us pre ops will be coming to you for info.  

Your correct my nut told me to get sublingual.

Sounds like you are well on your way!  you may want to double check the B12 as I believe it has to be sublingual (under your tongue).

Off for another walk today.  walk, walk, walk....

16003624.png
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I am worried about figuring out all the vitamins but I will definitely try Amazom. That kind of stuff confuses the heck out of me. 

I have my appointment with Dr. Yenumula on Friday the 26th. 

Misty I am glad things are going so good for you it makes me even more excited since we have the same doc. 

Brenda it was nice to meet you today!

Hopefully we will all cross paths eventually. It's good to have this South Sac TT support. Thanks All!

I have to have them all purchased and take them with  me to my surgery class in august.

In chapter 5 page 42 all the vitamin info is there, it is pretty overwhelming.

I like that binder I learned so much about nutrition from the orientation. It helps to have everything laid out in black and white in front of me. 

There sure is a lot of information in that binder. Rather overwhelming and my brain is swimming!! LOL!! My surgeon is Dr. Grinberg and I see him on July 24th. Next week I will be going down there twice. On Tuesday for the Mindful eating class the wednesday with the surgeon. I hear what everyone is saying about Dr. Yenumula. He was so kind! I've worked with a lot of doctors and he really impressed me with his compassion and knowledge that he is excited to share. He shook all of our hands after his presentation and thanked us all. Everyone seemed really nice in that department. What a great team they have put together. 

Corey, it was great to meet you today as well!!! If I was more awake this morning I would have moved over to sit with you. Sorry, I was still sleeping... LOL!! I hope to get the chance to see you again. Are you going to the mIndful eathing class on July 23rd?  Or the support group on August 12th? 

Edited by anewcaligirl

I agree about the binder, now that I am in a holding pattern I am actually going to study it. Right now I am concentrating ont he vitamins, once I get those purchased I am going to get ideas for eating after and shopping for that.

Thats neat that you guys met today.

What time is the mindful eating class on the 23rd?

I can not go to the support group on August 12th as I will be on vacation that week (in Sao Paulo YAY!) So I am going September 9th. 

They to be there at 4:45.  Enjoy your vacation!! 

Just called I will be there for the mindful eating class on Tuesday!

Hi, I'm late to the Sac party, I'm in Rancho Cordova. :) ALTHOUGH because of my stupid insurance I actually had to travel to San Diego for my surgery. I'm jealous of all you guys

I work in Rancho, I work out at anytime fitness in rancho.  That is a loooong drive, my daughter goes to college in san diego I can't imagine making that drive after surgery that must not have been any fun.

Hi. I have not made it as far as you  have, But I live in the same area, and could use a journry buddy. What do you think? Wanna be friends? I just had the sfirst step class today. I have so many questions for the next steps.I understand if this is too personal, but if you would like we could support each other throught htis journey. let me know. Good luck!

Welcome Teewizzler,  We are all here to support each other.  We have all been in your shoes and still are with tons or questions as we progress through this process..  I would gladly help you out answering questions and supporting you and I am sure anyone here would be glad to help you along the way and support your journey as well.  Good Luck.

Teewizzler, I am two weeks post op from Kaiser South Sacramento. I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Happy to be anyone's surgery buddy!!

I have a million questions for you misty but I will limit it to a few :)

How many nights did you stay in the hospital?  What time did you have to be there? What time were you released?

Spumoni, ask away. I wish I would have know someone going through my exact same facility when I began my journey. Although I would have probably drove them crazy LOL!! I was in the hospital less than 24hrs. My surgery was at 5:30pm on July 5th and I was released on the 6th at 2:30 in the afternoon. I had to check into the hospital at 1:30 because I was originally scheduled to be at 4:00pm which was my surgeons third operation of the day. My surgery started about an hour and a half late because the first patient of the day was a much older patient who happened to have a few small complications which delayed my surgery. She ended up doing just fine though. In total my surgeon said my surgery lasted 50 minutes. Crazy right! I started making my own youtube videos to track my journey and progress for family and friends but mostly for myself. If you go to youtube and put in my full name my videos will pop up. Misty Moshier

I watched your video thank you very informative!  Where did you get your chewable iron? I bought iron but didn't need chewable, do you think chewable is necessary?  So happy for you about your feet, that is good that your circulation issue sounds like it was temporary.

Thank you MistyM for doing the you tube videos. They are very informative and help answer post-op questions that I had. Also, thank you for showing your incisions, they are so tiny like you said. Congrats, on your surgery.

MIsty Thank You so much for your youtube videos!!!  That is awesome that you are doing them.  They are so informative.  

Spumoni, I got my chewable iron from bariatric advantage. I think as long as the pill you get is relatively small you can swallow them. My vitamin D pill is a small gel cap and I have been swallowing them since day two after surgery. The stomach medication they send you home with is also in pill form and I've had no problems with that. I bought a liquid B 1 but it tasted so bad that I bought a pill version of that. Sometimes I use my pill cutter to chop them in half if I feel like I need to. Thanks for all of the kind words about my youtube videos. Just glad I can help out my fellow bariatric friends! :)

Thanks for the info! I think I have all but my calcium and vitamin D, I saw some chewable vit D on amazon I am going to order.