Sign in to follow this  
Mj Woodroof

premier protein thick and lumpy?

In February I bought 3 boxes of this at Sams club. The expiration date is 12/13.

After surgery I was not a fan and didn't drink it. Last week I decided I had to use it and stuck it in the fridge.

Tonight I opened one and it this thick gelatinous gunk. Shaking it repeatedly doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else encountered this issue?
It doesn't taste weird but the consistency is offputting.

I did a search and found that others have had the same problem of "seperation".

I read over on OH (so thanks to them) - someone posted a reply from Premier Nutrition about the issue:  " ...  byproduct of a reformulation we tried with the intent on making the shakes thicker in consistency. Due to the fact that they either congealed or clumped post-production, we have gone back to our original formulation. There is no health concern,"....

You can return them to Sam's - some have just given them a spin in the blender and that works.

If you CALL the company & tell them & then ASK for replacement cartons, they'll ship them to you for Free. They will simply ask you to read the serial number off the boxes as proof you have them. They will also ask you to send some of the defective ones back (Again free of charge).

I know all this cause I got hold of a bad batch and that's what they did for me.

EEK! Definitely call the company and let them know how gross they are. I'm sure they will replace them for you.

Had that problem with some that I bought about a year ago - I actually didn't mind the pudding consistency and just kept the case and used it up.  Haven't seen that in any that I've bought since though.

Thanks guys - ill call tomorrow.

I saw this brand at Big Lots yesterday and wondered if it was going downhill that fast.

I emailed the company yesterday, they replied immediately - I sent them the requested information and today I got an email saying they were shipping a replacement box.

THAT is impressive!

I emailed the company yesterday, they replied immediately - I sent them the requested information and today I got an email saying they were shipping a replacement box.

THAT is impressive!

THAT is good PR!

It seems like the bad batches didn't get enough water mixed in during production...If this is the case, then each box would have far more calories than they should have. I use this for a diet, and that won't do. There's really no other explanation, since the "pudding" boxes are still just as full as the good ones.