Martee

I have a date!

A date with my plastic surgeon, that is!  I am scheduled to undergo a total abdominoplasty with liposuction and bilateral breast implants on July 24th!  I have been waiting (and saving) for nearly 3 years for this moment. 

I was surprised by his recommendations for me.  I thought I would need a circumferential body lift with medial thigh lift, but he almost laughed at me when I suggested this.  I still struggle to see myself as I really am now.  He told me all I needed was abdominal body contouring, not necessarily a tummy tuck, because he won't have to touch my muscles since they are in such great condition.  Liposuction is an automatic part of the deal to help ensure the best appearance.  I opted to have breast implants because my breasts were the first things to go when I started losing weight, and I'm tired of feeling like an "it" (no boobs, infertility, no cycles since April 2011 / menopausal?).  I want to look and feel like a thin, healthy, and sexy woman as I turn 40 this year. 

I have to admit, I don't know what to think right now.  I don't seem scared, nervous, or even excited.  I'm completely calm and complacent.  Perhaps I've been waiting for this opportunity to complete this part of my transformation for so long that it all seems a bit surreal at the moment.  All I know is that I am relieved that I completed the attendance game with Jazzercise and earned my shirt already (I completed 150 classes by last Saturday).  I wanted that done and out of the way before my surgery.   

I plan to journal my experience here on TT for those interested.  I am going to ask my surgeon's office to take a lot of pictures for me preop, during, and postop.  I need pictures to help me see the changes.  Hopefully he will be able to provide them for me. 

If anyone reading this has undergone similar procedures, feel free to share your experiences or direct me to your postings here online so I can read more about them.  I really want to know what I am getting myself into and what to expect.        

I'm green with envy Martee - can't wait to see your "after" pictures.  I'm excited for you!  

All the best with your surgery!!

Congratulations. I'll be interesting in keeping up with your journal. Of interest to me is how much the excess tissue you are having removed weighs.

That is awesome!!!! Congrats!!!! I look forward to following your journey!

~Ali

Congratulations!  You worked hard for this surgery - physically doing all the exercise, financially saving for three years and emotionally knowing exactly what you want from the surgery.  I will be reading your journal and hoping that one day I will be in your position.  

Best to you!

This past month has been a whirlwind. I have experienced an array of emotions, but none quite like the past few days. I have had several sleepless nights, despite my constant positive self-talk about how everything will be fine and that whatever the result, it will be better than what I look like now.

So, today is the day. I found myself waking up every hour or so to check the time. It took me back to the night before my gastric bypass. I did the exact same thing. In fact, I am feeling the same way right now -- cool, calm, and SUPER EXCITED!

Please think good thoughts for me today. I know that the next few weeks will be painful, challenging, and tiresome, but I expect good things. Because of the journey I took nearly 3 years ago, I feel prepared for the next few weeks, even though I have read that plastic surgery is a completely different experience.

My alarm just went off, so I better get ready to go. I have to be at my surgeon's office by 8:15 AM, with surgery beginning around 9:15-9:30 AM. I will post am update as soon as I am able to do so. I feel so blessed to have all of the support I have right now. I know I am in good hands. I know I'll get through this well...as long as I remember to take one day at a time!

Deep breath... Smile... I'm on my way to a better and sexier body! I can't wait!

I'll be thinking of you today Martee and I look forward to your update and and when you're able.

Best of luck today! Can't wait to follow your journal and read about your journey :)

Post when you can,  it's YOUR TURN today!!!

Good Luck with your surgery! Keep us posted!!!!

Good Luck on your surgery and GOD SPEED!!

My surgery started around 9:30 AM, and I was back home by 6 PM. I'm not in any real pain but rather a little achy across my lower back. I've been able to keep down a few crackers and UNJURY chicken soup. Let the healing begin!

I don't have a lot of details about the surgery itself, but I'll get the specifics next Thursday at my follow-up appointment.