hi good morning everyone, ok im struggling right now in my mind bc i had my VSG on 6/10/13 and the day of the surgery i weighted 280lbs to date im at 266lbs but my problem rgt now is the clothes i wore before surgery are fitting me tighter then before surgery. i dont get it i feel fatter now then i did before i did VSG smh.. i would of thought my clothes would feel alil loose i dont get it. is anyone going through this or been through it?

You are likely just bloated and retaining fluid - side effect of the surgery when the pump you so full of stuff in the hospital.  Usually takes a week or two for that to get out of your system.  Usually people are seeing that the scale isn't moving but yours seems to be so that is still good.  Just hang in there!

Due to my intial size it took losing over 100 pounds before I even dropped a clothes size.  So keep in mind that is always a possiblity... for the scale to move but not the inches.  It is more important that scale moves lower and lower though.   But trust me I know how frustrating it is to still be wearing the same clothes despite losing, especially for how long it happened to me!

After 55 pounds lost, I am just now able to move into a smaller size. I think part of the problem for me is that I wore elastic waist and stretchy, cotton clothes but I also think that they were all getting too small and I just kept wearing them.   I am now able to fit into non-elastic pants in a smaller size.  Trust me, it will come.  The bigger deal is that you are losing pounds and hopefully feeling healthier.  

Good luck in your journey.  I hope you stick with it.  You have lost 16 pounds in 9 days.  That is fantastic and more than I have lost since my surgery on May 29th.  

Very normal- after surgery, even when the number on the scale is going down, we are full of fluid and gas. Just keep walking and getting in all of your fluids! Before you know it, your pants will be falling off;)

I agree that it is most likely just fluids and bloating right now that should come off soon.  Remember though, that in the larger sizes it takes more pounds lost to go down a size than in the smaller sizes.  That seems odd, and is frustrating!   It took quite a while before I started going down sizes, but the more I lost, the faster I went through sizes (if that makes sense).  For example, I think I had to lose at least 50lbs to move from a size 24 to a 22, then another 30 to get to a 20, then it picked up fast.  Before I knew it, I went right by 16 and 18 directly to a 14.  That didn't last long and now I'm in a size 8 pants.  Not complaining though!  :D

Be patient, it will come off for you too and you'll be dropping sizes before you know it!

i guess all that all does make sense now that i think about it lol thanks alot guys for your help