novohorizonte

On day 6 of Augmentin- I'm really not tolerating it well?!

I am having a really hard time eating anything, I'm going on mainly greek yogurt, as anything with real substance hurts or just makes me sick to my stomach. I got bit by a deer tick about a month ago, and last week, I had a swollen gland in my neck. As a precaution, since I live in such a high area of Lyme disease, my doctor put me on two weeks of Augmentin. I'm also taking probiotics with it, but it's seriously making me not feel well at all. This is the first time on on this antibiotic post op- I had surgery in December.

Is this something to be concerned about, or will this pass once I'm done with the antibiotics?!

Is it okay to eat mainly soft foods the next ~10 days or so?!

Thank you for any insight!!!

Sorry no one has had advice for you. I am pre-surgery, but I had the evil Lyme in the fall. I had the worst time with the antibiotic. You could call your doctor and ask for a different antibiotic. You definitely want to get a full course in, the side affects can be awful long term if you don't get rid of Lyme. I hope you feel better soon! Jen

No idea why no responses- I personally don't check in every day- would like to- 

It's worth taking the whole course of A/B's if you can- Augmentin can be a bit rough on your system - with or without surgery- 

I would say- get through it as best you can... 

Thank you NJJenny and KazKaren- I truly appreciate your advice and insight! I am feeling a bit better now that I've just switched all my food to yogurt or cottage cheese, I know how important it is that I finish this antibiotic, as I do not want any effects from possible Lyme disease.

Once again, thank you. I understand some people probably have no experience with this, it was just frustrating to see so many views and no replies- especially when I was worried about damaging my pouch somehow.

Have a great week, ladies!

Don't forget a lot of the "views" are from your topic popping up on Google- not necessarily from TT "viewers" ... glad you are feeling better...

Glad you are feeling better!

Thank you NJJenny and KazKaren- I truly appreciate your advice and insight! I am feeling a bit better now that I've just switched all my food to yogurt or cottage cheese, I know how important it is that I finish this antibiotic, as I do not want any effects from possible Lyme disease.

Once again, thank you. I understand some people probably have no experience with this, it was just frustrating to see so many views and no replies- especially when I was worried about damaging my pouch somehow.

Have a great week, ladies!

Karen is right.

The amount of views a thread has isn't an indication of how many members have read your post and moved on.

T-T is constantly being browsed by search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, Alexa, Facebook etc., and along with guests, who are able to read but not post, it drives the "view" numbers up a lot.

As I write - Bing alone is "looking" at 9 posts and that's up the "view" count.  Within a 15 minute time-frame we've had 6 pages of online users.  20 members, 115 guests (non registered uses and search engines).

I tried augmentin back in October and it made me violently ill....both ends. Amoxicillin is gentler :)