July Surgeries! Where is everyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!   Probably more to help me keep it straight.. here's where we July-ers stand:   Keri'dAway--7/2 MissiD-7/5  LadyintheLoop-7/8 Glad to hear you're at home and well! renewedlife-7/8 thx

I survived!! Had surgery on Monday and came home Tuesday.  A little sore in the abdomen but not much pain. 

I thought I would get a meet and greet thread started!   I'll go first.   Hi. My name is Nicole and I am overweight.   Kidding.   Where is everyone from? When is your surgery? What procedure a

Hi, my surgery was July 15th, I'm also 56 and I've lost 82 lbs, but I started out a lot higher than you Waterlily.  I'm feeling great!

My surgery was July 12th I've lost almost 60 lbs feel great struggling with foods still on soft, having a scope on Friday to see if my opening is too small due to scar tissure

RNY was July 15. How's everyone doing? I'm 56 and have lost 54 lbs starting at 286.

I am feeling awesome I am 11 weeks out and just found out a week ago I no longer have sleep apnea YAY!I have lost  55 lbs since surgery. So glad I did this!

I am 12 weeks out now and have lost 57 pounds I feel Awesome but I am noticing spider veins that I never had before and bruising. I was never a bruiser, or could it be it was all hidden in my fat?  I have also noticed that my sleep pattern has changed. I am ready for bed by 9 pm and I'm waking at 5 am and can't go back too sleep. I used to sleep in until 10 or so on weekends this has not happened since surgery. Has anyone else noticed changes like this?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the TTF website. I had lap Band Surgery 7/3/13. Do the July surgery people check in with each other here? There are so many forums! I'm looking for a forum where I can relate to others and get support and information. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 16 weeks post op, 57 years old, and have lost 66 lbs (265). My starting weight was 329.

As long as I eat slow and not a lot I am fine.  Pork chops, pork tenderloin gets stuck so I took them off my "mental menu".  I drink a 20 ounce Isopure Grape Protein drink (40 g protein!!!!!) everday and let the other foods I eat make up for the rest of the required protein.  I take my vitamins everyday.  I have been taken off all high blood pressure, GERD, high cholestrol and heart medications.  Vitamins are the only thing I take each day.

The only thing my RNY did NOT fix was the prior damage to my knees and hips from arthritis.  I had a left total knee replacement in 2009 and now the right knee is bone on bone but I knew before the RNY that weight loss was not going to fix that problem.  I dont care, RNY fixed all my other problems.

I am happy and cant believe I waited this long in my life to do this.  Wish I had done it 10 years ago.

In July 2013, I was wearing size 26 clothes.  Today I'm at work in a size 20 pants that I had folded up in my closet for the past 3 years!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Its now 6 months and I'm down 91 lbs.   January 2014 I'm now wearing size 16.  Still only taking vitamins everyday.  Drink Isopure everyday. Feeling good.

Way to go! Mobility is so much easier for me being thinner! Glad to be six months from surgery. In a stall again, but hoping for a loss soon. Congrats on your progress!

Today is my six month mark and I'm down 123 pounds, it has definitely slowed down.  But, I'm proud of my progress thus far.  It is amazing the difference in the things I can do and want to do.

I have about 60 more pounds and then we will see from there.

Thanks for being there to support me through the past 8 or so months.  You guys are awesome!

Hi guys!

I'm also approaching my 6 month mark tomorrow, and am down 93lbs so far.  That's only about half way, but it's already amazing how different I feel overall.

I will be at my 6 months  on Saturday I have lost 91lbs it has slowed way down!  I just had all my blood work done and everything was good! I feel awesome. My B12 was 1600 I take 1 sublingual a day.  The only other vitamins I take is my Vemma I love my Vemma and now I have my test to back up how well it works!  The only thing I am not happy about is the hair loss, my hair looks totally different and I hate it, so actually I am taking an additional vitamin because I am taking the Bioten for my hair 2x a day doesn't really seam to help!  I would like to loose an additional 60lbs I'm down from size 24 pants to 12 so I'm happy about that.  Just a little more to go. I am very happy about the weight loss but a little sad about not really enjoying food anymore. Not sure if this is normal but guess I need to find new joy in something other than food!  I never did add a weight tracker because I just couldn't figure it out so I gave up!  Best wishes to everyone!

I am Michelle, I'm 31 and from San Diego, CA. My surgery is next Friday, July 19th (woooohooo) and i am getting the gastric bypass. I'm really excited, nervous, and hopeful and a little scared at the same time! Hey thxbye, we have the same surgeon and hospital! Awesome!

Hi Michelle I'm also from San Diego had my surgery the day before you from Pacific Bariatric at Mercy.  So How are you doing since surgery?

My surgery was 7/11/2013...I am six months out and have lost 75 lbs. I am looking good...but am very self-conscience about the hair loss! :unsure:

I am right there with you! Before the surgery I used to say to myself " I may be fat but a least I have good hair" Now my hair is so thin and brittle I get a handful of hair in the drain every time I take a shower but have doubled up on My Bioten but it is hard to know if it is helping because it takes so long to show. If you hear of something that works please let me know.

• 1 month later...

I was six months out on Feb 22nd...I have lost 74 pounds and have gone from a size 22 to a size 8!! I feel amazing!!! I'm a little nervous that some lose arm and face skin wont tighten up, but other than that I have no concerns!! I never lost any hair...or should I say I haven't yet LOL

Good to see you all again!!

I think you lucked out with the hair loss because it should have happened around month 3 or 4.  I worry about saggy skin as well.

• 2 months later...

I'm down 121 lbs.  RNY was on 7/16/13. Blood pressure is fine.  Heart problems came back so I'm back on heart medication but half a dose from before. I'm feeling better now.

9 pounds to Onederland (now weigh 208).

I have not been exercising since the surgery.  I walk but no gym work.  Need to start that.