July Surgeries! Where is everyone?

SeoulFulNicole

I thought I would get a meet and greet thread started!

I'll go first.

Hi. My name is Nicole and I am overweight.

Kidding.

Where is everyone from? When is your surgery? What procedure are you having done? I'm starting to get really excited as I get closer every day. I would love to keep in contact with others that are starting at about the same time as me.

I am Keri.  I am in NC and I am having Gastric Bypass on July 1! I am counting down the days (hour, minutes, seconds)!

Oh, and I forgot... I'm overweight as well. 

Hello!!

My name is Shawna and I live in Houston, TX.  My surgery is July 8th.  Two week pre-op liquid diet starts 6/24.

This is my second WLS.  I had a lapband from 2007-2009. 

My preop appointment is this Friday and they had me do the EKG and all the other fun stuff that has to be done within the 30 day window of surgery but I don't actually have a date yet. Oh well. I figure it has to be coming up at some point! :D

I am originally from Minnesota but I joined the Army and while serving my first contract I met my husband. He is in the Navy and I decided not to re-up with the Army so we wouldn't be split apart at different bases anymore. I have one daughter, 2years 4months -Annie, and two very annoying but loveable Yorkshire Terriers, Lola and Pluto. We are currently in Connecticut.

I am an active "lurker" on the before and after photos on here. They are so motivational for me. I can't wait until I am able to post my own after photo!

Hi guys!

I fall into this category as well!

My name is Jess and I'm in the Philadelphia area.  I'm scheduled for gastric bypass on July 18th, with the liquid diet technically starting on July 4th.

However... I went to my pre-op appointment with the surgeon yesterday he told me that somehow I've gained 18 lbs since he saw me in March (I'm skeptical since all of my clothes are fitting the same), and that he'll postpone my surgery if I haven't lost some of that by July 2nd when he wants to see me again.  So I've started on a "modified" liquid diet as of today.  Basically low-cal, low-carb, high-protein for the time being until I see him on the second, and then officially start the liquid diet on July 4th. It's going to be a long month!

My doc told me at my f/u that he wanted me to lose 8-10 lbs before surgery, but then scheduled surgery for 3 weeks later.  He did not say he would cancel my surgery if I didnt, but I am hoping to get it off and not have to worry about that.  I started my pre-op diet on Monday of this week.  So far its been ok.  I have to do low carb, high protein diet. The caloric deficiet has hit me today.  I am so exhausted!

I SO hear you on the exhaustion.  I'll be the first to admit that I've had a bit of the "last supper" syndrome, but going down to like 500 calories a day is not fun!

I did a month of "last supper" and gained 10 lbs.  I think I finally have my head wrapped around what Ineed to do.  But I will say it has not been easy!!  I guess nothing in life that is worth the fight is easy!

"Last Supper Syndrome" Great name for it. I also had trouble with it for about a month. My NUT didn't seem worried and told me that everyone has this happen.

Hi Everyone, My Surgery dater is July 5th and I'm soooo excited.

Melissa

Edited by MissiD

Hi everyone! My surgery date is 24 July for the sleeve. I was originally scheduled for the bypass on 24 April but my endoscopy resulted in a "precancer" result in my stomach, so I had to go through a petscan and a 2nd endoscopy which ended in the same result. As long as I can be scoped, the surgery is a go. Therefore I was approved for the sleeve. What a crazy few months it has been. I am so ready to get this done so I can start my journey!!! Good luck to everyone and can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences!!!

Today is Keri'd Away's surgery date!

I'm sitting here waiting for my room! Surgery is supposed to be at 1015. Nueva have not kicked in at all yet!

Sitting in the surgical area, just waiting for my room. Nerves have not kicked in yet.

Hi guys!

Getting very close for a few here.  How is everyone holding up?

I'm starting to stress... but unexpectedly it's mostly about work and being off for surgery.  I'm 10 days away and I'm still excited but not super nervous yet.  How are you all doing?

jlholbro,

I am also on the 18th. Haven't gotten to stressed up about it yet! My hubs has been very supportive and the few people that I have told have been as well. I am sure by Monday I will be a little more stressed. I have had my share of surgeries ...maybe that is the cause for calmness thus far. Reading everyone's post has been helpful as of now trying to get an understanding of what I should expect short and long term. I hope to only take one to two weeks of work. I have a very sedentary job so I think it may be doable as long as I have the energy to make it through 8 hours.

Good Luck and I look forward to updates:)

I am Michelle, I'm 31 and from San Diego, CA. My surgery is next Friday, July 19th (woooohooo) and i am getting the gastric bypass. I'm really excited, nervous, and hopeful and a little scared at the same time! Hey thxbye, we have the same surgeon and hospital! Awesome!