Sick, help...

Honeybee91505

Ok so I have this crappy cold now for about 5 days. I have a cough and runny nose I have been taking everything trying to get it gone quickly, my pre op appt is Monday with the dr and u can't go to the office sick so is there anyone that have any remedies that u think could help? I am desperate...

I haven't had many colds post-op but have had several sinus infections and what helped me most was the Theraflu hot drinks, not too much sugar and it seems to work quickly.  I also take Mucinex D caplets (split in two pieces) for bad congestion issues.

Even if symptoms go away enough to make it through appointment...when they draw your pre-op labs, the blood-work may still show infectious state. It will be very hard to take having to be rescheduled...but you need to be as healthy as possible so you can SURVIVE the procedure itself. People do end up in ICU for months over a "simple" infection. Lucky, most minor viral colds run their course in 5-7 days and there is nothing you can take to make it resolve faster. You can only treat the symptoms. Most cold medications have a rebound effect if you take them for more than 3 days in a row. Good luck.

Hi I thank you for the feed back, I just don't want to push this surgery back any longer its been 4years and counting. I do feel a lot better minus this stupid cough... Feel like when it hits it won't stop ugggg I have my pre op appt on Monday well see what the dr says...

It's not too late to hit the store for some fresh ginger, fresh lemons and honey.

Grate fresh ginger (no need to peel it) - you'll need 1 tablespoon of ginger per cup of water.  (I usually make enough for several cups).

Steep the ginger for 3-5 minutes and then strain.

Per cut of ginger "tea", add 1 tablespoon of freshly squeeze lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey.

Keep sipping on that - if the ginger tea is too strong, just add more hot water.