Jay W

First Day Back To Work

Good day all!

After taking 4 weeks off I have returned to work.

I am being tested right off the bat though.

While I was away my team was nominated for a prestigious award within our company and we were invited to have dinner with the president of the company.

So my first day back I am flying to our corporate headquarters for one night and having a very expensive dinner, which I will only be eating a small portion of.

So my energy level will be tested, as well as my first time eating away from home.

Wish me luck!

Also, as of this morning I am down 52 pounds in 32 days. Whoohoo!

Sounds like you are doing very well.  Congrats.  

Wondering if you felt deprived or embarrassed about what you were eating?  I haven't eaten outside of my home yet and just started pureed foods last night.  Not sure what eating in front of other people will feel like.  

Wow! You really will be tested! Sounds like you can handle it, though! Just have a good time, you got this!

The trip went great!

Dinner was fabulous! I had a salmon filet, snap peas, lobster bisque (3 sips), and chocolate cake (2 bites).

I did not feel deprived or condemned whatsoever. My wife is already eating the way I eat so I am never alone, she just happens to have arrived there on her own. So usually we will be splitting meals. I was able to take some home and eat a few bites of salmon as a midnight snack.

Then the next day we went to eat at a BBQ place and my wife and I split a turkey breast meal off of the kid's menu.

My energy levels were a lot better than expected.

Thanks to everyone's kind words.

Sounds like you had a great trip!  Congrats.  interesting to hear the next stage.  Appreciate your posting.  Keep up the great work!

So glad your trip went well, sounds like you are doing great!  Best wishes on the next phase of your journey.....

That's wonderful, congratulations on that weight loss!

Congratulations on your weight loss and the great first day back to work!!!