jashley

ttc after Bypass.. have PCOS

Hi guys...  I'm now 1 1/2 years out from surgery.  I am really missing something in life, and I feel like it's a child.  We've been married for 5 years now, as well.  I have been Dx with PCOS when I was really young.  Not sure if I still have it or not..  Anyhoo..  I have been off my NuvaRing since November.   I wanted to see how my AF would work without it.  Sure 'nough.  I'm regular.  Now... How to figure out this TTC thing..   I'm not a pro at this timing thing.  I just flat out need help....

Anything would be GREAT!

Most likely your PCOS is "fixed". I was also diagnosed with it at a young age and after having gbs and losing 100lbs, I got pregnant accidentally 7 months post op. As far as timing, I think it's 14ish days after the first day of your last period. Good luck!!

I had a hard time getting pregnant for my daughter, I used the ovulation tests and babycenter.com has alot of nice calculators to help predict your most fertile days, it really helped us, good luck!

There is a digital Ovulation test on the market. So you Pee on this stick & voila in minutes you know if you're ovulating.

Here is the website for Clear Blue Easy

http://www.clearblueeasy.com

& here is the one for the test they make for Ovulation:

http://www.clearblueeasy.com/advanced-digital-ovulation-test.php

GOOD LUCK!

You can also learn how to track ovulation by learning how to take your basal body temperature and by learning the phases leading up to ovulation by the consistency of your cervical mucus. Here is a link that explains it well:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a3195/how-to-chart-your-temperature-and-cervical-mucus

Good luck!

I used an ovulation calculator both times I got pregnat you can goole it.  It told me the best days to get pregnant, and the very best day and wham both time I got pregnant on those days.  I hope you get pregnant soon!

have you been preventing them? you might just get pregnant without much help. It happened to us. I also had PCOS and bled for weeks when i was big (sometimes my bleeding was heavy for months..) . .after i lost like 100 or so lbs it went regular.. i still felt i could not have babies but prevented it.. when we decided to start trying again in my head i was thinking "we give this half a year and then we go to the fertility clinic to get help".. but you know what? after just 2 months of trying i got pregnant without any help or planning..

I can relate to so much you posted.. My baby was what i was missing from my life too.

Goodluck to you both!

Edited by Xeniak

I needed one month of clomid and metformin. With that combo on PCOS you have an 86 percent chance of conception. 9.5 weeks pregnant.