Where are the June surgery people?

I know we have some on T-T.

Me!! June 6th!

question??? Before when I just was looking through here with out posting i thought I seen an area as what to bring to the hospital, do we still have it pinned up somewhere? also what about food ides of what to have on hand once we get passed the liquid stage? just looking for ideas to prepare myself. Thank you

Thinned creamed soups strained - cream of mushroom, cream of chicken - add unflavored protein powder

Greek yogurt - plain- fat free - use protein powder to flavor & make a smoothie or add sugar free koolaide or crystal light for flavor

Puréed foods:

Fish, seafood, dark meat poultry, ground beef, canned chicken, canned tuna, chili( no kidney beans!)( I also hear a lot about Wendy's chili)

Blend with broth, soup, dressing

Soy

Low-fat cottage cheese- small curd, light yogurt, SF pudding

Puréed cooked vegetables such as carrots, squash, cauliflower, tomato soup, vegetable juice

Puréed soft fruits, unsweetened applesauce, mashed banana - need to eat your protein 1st! - they have sugar & sugar can cause diarrhea

Very thin/runny oatmeal or cream of wheat, puréed stews, chowders - add unflavored protein powder

All foods should be consistency of applesauce - thin enough to drop off spoon

No starchy food - will end up being a dough consistency & will have difficulty passing thru pouch - " sticky"

Freeze excess puréed food in 2 oz plastic container or ice cube tray

Hope this helps. "Recommendations" was provided by my bariatric team in a preop class.

I was having a hard time wrapping my mind around this. Pouch is about the size of your thumb.

Any problems with liquid preop diet? Not as bad as I thought - after the 3rd or 4th day! Lol

I understand! How about we do this journey together?

I am June 10th!  Pre-op diet starts tomorrow.  Emotions are on the roller coaster, and the reality is setting in.  Not regretting my decision at all, but the impact of it is beginning to hit!   :lol:

I feel the exact same way...

How can I add you as a friend???

I think we already are. You are on my friend list.

Edited by Wynter

I just got my date. June 26th! :)

Welcome to T-T.  Glad to have you onboard.

Thursday can't get here soon enough! I'm working MTW so that will help. How are you?

I am having my Surgery on June 14 th

i was also looking for the list of items to pack to take to the hospital but couldn't find it