RNELLIE52

Happy Nurses Day!

I know that there are a lot of nurses like myself, and I just wanted to take a minute to say, Happy Nurses Day to all of you out there.  I think that we spend so much of our time and energy taking care of others, that often we fail to realize that we need to take care of ourselves.  During a typical shift, we sometimes don't have time for proper meals and we find ourselves stuffing anything we can find into our mouths just to refuel on the go, and all to often it's fast food, or whatever we can have delivered to the hospital in the middle of the night.  And all those patients' and families' and doctors love to send us cookies, and cakes, and pies, and really bad stuff to let us know how much they appreciate us.  It's so hard when surrounded by so many temptations.  We all have to break this cycle.  My Surgery is on Thursday 5/9 and since beginning this journey towards reclaiming my life, I now make sure that my meals are prepared at home and taken to work with me.  I add in snacks that I can grab on the go if things are crazy.  I'm trying to avoid the coffee pot as much as possible, and make sure to drink plenty of water.  We can do this!  Happy Nurses Day!!!

Happy Nurse's Week. Take care of yourself!

Happy Nurses Day everyone!!!!