In my perusing, I noticed someone had named their pouch ‘Queen’.  So I started thinking about my pouch.  Maybe this is crazy, but I think we should all name our pouches.   

Why?  Because our stomachs have taken on a life of their own! 

Before surgery I could pretty much each anything I wanted without any issues – my favorites being Mexican and Italian.  Granted, I’m not at the part of my diet that I can eat either of those, but what’s wrong with a bit of chicken or pork?  All sorts of things apparently!  Princess – yes, that’s what I named her because she’s kind of prissy – no longer likes pureed chicken or pork.  I eat a bit of either one of those meats and Princess has a fit for twenty-four hours.

Currently, Princess likes cheese and hardboiled eggs – pureed, but don’t you dare feed her scrambled or she’ll rebel.  And protein drinks? No way.  Total hissy-fit!  That rebellion can last into the wee hours of the morning.

Okay, I’ll ask.  Who else has named their pouch?  And if you haven’t named it yet, will you?  And if you do, what’s the name?

weight.png

I think I'll name mine Sassybritches (that's actually the name of a cat I used to have, but there are definite similarities).  My pouch behaves most of the time but whenever she takes it in mind to act up, she talks back, LOUDLY!   :D

I think I'll name mine Sassybritches (that's actually the name of a cat I used to have, but there are definite similarities).  My pouch behaves most of the time but whenever she takes it in mind to act up, she talks back, LOUDLY!   :D

Thanks for playing.  I love this!  It's perfect.  :lol: 

weight.png

Sassybritches is HILARIOUS :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My pouch always makes noises like a bathtub draining. So i'm gonna call mine MsGurgles :blink:

I love the idea. I won't get my pouch until This Thursday, but once I get to know it, I'll definately come back & post.

What reaction does your pouch have to protein drinks? My stomach gurgles at times a lot, and i assume what weirdness passes for poo is just do to the pre-op liquid diet right?

To follow along the lines of the classic "sassybritches"' I think I will go with "Oscar the Pouch" for mine for those times when he is being grouchy (but is otherwise lovable and almost always good natured.)

I call mine Wally because he is the size of a walnut. Wally is a half-wit right now with what he likes.

I named mine baby, because now I have a baby belly.

I literally laughed aloud.  All of these names are great!  Makes it more tolerable if you ask me.  Gives us someone else to blame :P

I love the idea. I won't get my pouch until This Thursday, but once I get to know it, I'll definately come back & post.

What reaction does your pouch have to protein drinks? My stomach gurgles at times a lot, and i assume what weirdness passes for poo is just do to the pre-op liquid diet right?

Keep us posted, okay?  Good luck on Thursday.

Princess is not a big fan of protein drinks.  Before surgery, they made her feel bloated and gassy.  The gurgles could be heard by outsiders!  Post-op, she doesn't really have a lot of room for an entire drink because she's teeny-tiny.

Baratric Advantage - 29g - is what I got from my NUT.  I can tolerate those every other day and only one.  Tried Akdins.  Those are 15g and not too bad.  Last night, I stopped at Costco and got some Premier Protein and those have 30g per 11oz.  My hope is that if I mix them up, I won't have issues.  We'll see how that goes.

Also, post-op, after your liquid phases, you can start getting protein from what you're eating.  That's when we can reduce the amount of protein we have to drink.  Princess likes protein in food way better than she likes protein in drinks!

Good luck!

weight.png

Groucho has stuck with me - although now that i'm further along, it's not as appropriate because if I'm careful, my pouch stays pretty happy...  However, in the beginning, it was a grouch all the time...  and it was 'groucho poucho'...

My doctor told me about a syndrome the pouch can go through and in honor if him... I'm naming mine POP! (pissed off pouch) I clearly have good days and some not so good... and on those not so good days.... my pouch earns its name.

Ewww to premier protein shakes (not my fav.). I suffer through them every other day. FYI, Slimfast has a new one out with 20g protein. 

I think my pouch would be called "M'Lady", you see my pouch loves expensive meats and won't tolerate inexpensive cuts, the best cheeses, etc. M'Lady is the matriarch of my household (household being my body as well as my actual home), she rules the roost. As long as I follow M'Ladys rules then she behaves perfectly. If I bend or break a rule then she performs like a spoilt brat :-)

I've called my chatty cathy since I've gotten home. When I eat anything, it sings me the song of it's people. 

Love the idea of naming our pouches!  And ChiefsLady, I thought I was the only one whose pouch sounded like a bathtub draining.  It gets me all sorts of odd looks from people.  I think I will name mine Gurgle, cause that's the sound he makes.  :lol:

Love these!  Some great names here.... :D

My doctor told me about a syndrome the pouch can go through and in honor if him... I'm naming mine POP! (pissed off pouch) I clearly have good days and some not so good... and on those not so good days.... my pouch earns its name.

Ewww to premier protein shakes (not my fav.). I suffer through them every other day. FYI, Slimfast has a new one out with 20g protein. 

I had one of those Premier Protein Shakes yesterday.  Forced myself to finish it in the afternoon becuase we all know how important protein is to us.  I was sick the rest of the day and was in bed by 7:30PM.  Princess is anti-protein-drinks.  Doesn't matter what it is I drink, she rebels big time.

Hee!  I like POP.

I'm loving the way people are naming their pouches!  Keep it up.  :lol: 

Jaws because it loves fish.  If I try to feed it something it doesn't like I swear I can almost hear that foreboding music playing.  Daaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaaa dum.... 

I call mine Monser. Which is monster in baby talk. What I call spoiled children. lol It is always throwing fits.

This is such a cute thread because I hate calling it a "pouch" and just call it my stomach. I will have to think of a good name! 

I call mine egg.  Somedays it likes what I eat and I consider it sunny side up.  Some days it is in turmoil over what I eat and I consider it hard boiled.  Some days it gives me back what I eat and I consider it scrambled. 

Now that I have thought about it more I may name my pouch Oscar the Grouch.  It gets grouchy some days and acts like a grouch.  Maybe I will name it Oscar the egg.

Edited by kcfan01