Sign in to follow this  
amm489

need help

Ok, So I am about 18 months out from surgery. I feel like i have alot of extra skin but not sure thats what it is. Its like a "pouch" i like to call it my kanagroo pouch but i dont no the scientific word for it. Anyway I have lost about 80 pounds and hoover around 169lbs and can not get rid of it. Do you think plastic surgury is the right idea for me? I do work out 3-4 times a week. And if this is the right direction for me what do you think my insurance will cover? I have United Health Care and finances will play a big part in this.

Hello amm489,

Thanks for your question.

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

If your weight has now plateaued, it is the right time to consider plastic surgery.

Your description of a "kangaroo pouch" sounds like a combination of some extra skin and rectus diastasis (weakness and separation of the abdominal muscles that allows bulging out).

If this is the case, then an abdominoplasty would probably be your best option.

This is not an insurance-covered procedure, unless you also have a hernia, in which case insurance may cover a portion of the procedure.

I recommend you seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in weight loss reconstruction, to discuss your surgical options.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Abhay Gupta, MD FACS.

do you know about how much an abdominoplasty cost around about?

The price of an abdominoplasty depends on many factors including the amount of time necessary in the OR, the amount of tissue excised, and your geographical location.

I recommend you seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in weight loss reconstruction to discuss your surgical options and get a price quote.