autumnleaf

Excessive fat down there

ok with the band i lose weight slower then gastric and it seems most people on this site have had gastric i have lost over 60lb and i do try to exercise to tighten up skin . ( not as often as i should but hoping with summer coming that will change) But I have had a issue with vagina fat. I feel like im losing weight everywhere but  down there and there is nothing i can do about it. when i say fat i mean the top part  anyone else have this issue do i just need to hit the treadmil and lose some more weight ?

It's a common problem with weight loss. You'll lose all over, including the mons (that's your pubic mound), but a lot of people require surgery to get the camel toe back again (as opposed to the moose knuckle lol).

I'm going to try compression stuff to help it shrink but eventually I'm getting a tummy tuck and a mons lift (usually same procedure) after the weight is off. (And probably some new boobs installed. Hubby rolls his eyes when I tell him if he makes me dip out of savings I'm taking out a second mortgage but I am SO not kidding!)

Just want to say thank you for asking this question and thanks to any responses!

So sad but yes, mine looks saggy, too! I can't imagine that exercise alone will tighten it back up, unfortunately.

I was just fretting over this same issue.  Good to know I am not the only one dealing with it!! 

This is a common issue for both sexes following a large weight loss.  Surgery is an option and some insurance companies will cover it - especially if you're having a abdominoplasty or panniculectomy.

If you Google "mons lift" images, you'll find some excellent results.

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.  My abdomen isn't saggy enough to warrant an abdominoplasty, but the mons area is so saggy it bothers me and oddly enough, I think I pee differently due to the saggy skin and unintentionally get the seat sometimes.  Sorry if that's TMI, but it's very weird to deal with.  Would love to have that fixed but I'm not sure if that would be covered by insurance.... lol

Very interesting! I don't have much saggy skin but I definitely notice "that area" is not the same!!

Thank you  for asking this question I have  wanted to ask  it for  awhile  but was worried people would think I was  nuts if I was  the only one having that  issue. I am  very  releaved  to see that I am not alone in the sagging  zone lol

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.  My abdomen isn't saggy enough to warrant an abdominoplasty, but the mons area is so saggy it bothers me and oddly enough, I think I pee differently due to the saggy skin and unintentionally get the seat sometimes.  Sorry if that's TMI, but it's very weird to deal with.  Would love to have that fixed but I'm not sure if that would be covered by insurance.... lol

My pee sometimes sprays out, it's so strange. Don't have a saggy mons (plenty of other saggy things though).

Newp. Nobody is alone in this. Makes it hard to buy pants that fit right, because I'm embarrassed by the super sized outline of my junk.

I expect it to be pretty unpleasant once the weight is off. I have a big butt no matter what size I am. So if I buy a pair of pants that fit in the butt (or, God forbid, are snug in the butt), I'll end up with a fairly unsightly bulge in the groin.

I'm definitely going after surgery for this issue once the weight is off. I really don't want to be mistaken for a dude because my junk fat is all twisted up and lumpy.

(Sorry if offending anyone. I find the best way to tackle an embarrassing subject is just to say the fears outright and hold my head high. ;)

I am glad i am not alone in this but seems dishearting to know it may be nothing i can do to fix it unless i get surgery which is just not a option . I can not afford surgery for vanity reasons. I already have a lap apron that i feel like i will never lose at least not all of it. i think i only noticed down there because everything else seemed to be shrinking but that.  I am really beating myself up for allowing myself to get so large in the first place. I keep telling myself at least i have done something about it instead of sitting around saying there is nothing i can do I have done something.

You can't beat yourself up. We are like any other recovering addicts. What's done is done. It's in the past. All you can do is move on and get better.

Eventually, if you lose enough, it will get smaller. This is simple physics. It won't ever look like it did fresh out of the box (excuse the awful pun, lolol), but it will get smaller.

Problem is that trying to isolate particular muscle groups to tighten up skin doesn't work. And even if it did, the pelvic floor muscle (kegals) isn't really going to apply in this case. So reducing overall body fat is really the only thing that applies here, outside of surgery.

You could try some crunches, and some intensely awkward leg lifts. But again, tightening the muscle underneath doesn't target the fat in that area. It just tightens the muscles. Then you have awesome muscle definition with a layer of fat over it. This is something I worry about also.

I look forward to looking down and seeing my Mons someday. My stupid Panni covers it and hangs down so the enc of my Panni and Mons arr equal. Don't know what will happen agter surgery, cause I'n Pre-Op. I predict Sag City Yikes!

I can see my junk, even at this weight (totally pear shaped).  I do have a panni, but it's pretty small, comparatively.  I always carried my weight in my back, butt, and thighs.  It's not a pretty sight though, so I'd rather not look, LOL.  

I know Im gonna need surgery to fix mine.  They said they will probably take 5-10 pounds of fat off that area alone.  Its a sad thing

dear autumn - i didn't think this extra flesh thing applied to me. honestly i don't ck down around there that much! LOL (i'm single and not sexually active) but one day i got thinking and went down there. ohhh no! 

i got to thinking because... i noticed when i was walking briskly that i felt some "jiggle" 

OMG my parts are literally jumping about when i walk!!! 

although this might be embarrassing in a future relationship, i gotta say, it kind of cracked me up! my thighs don't touch anymore so apparantly there is nothing to hold in my plus-sized goodies.

Whats a girl to do?! hehehe

Oh man...  I didn't want to hear this.  It's bad enough my @*# is starting to look like it belongs to an 80 year old man and my boobs are shrinking at an alarming rate.  I don't think I can handle jiggly kitty as well.  LOL

It is what it is.

Edited by slimsue

I love this forum we get to talk about all the things that are secret, as i started shrinking in inches around my gut i found my love hump wasnt , so i bort a home fat cavitation machine i just go one on online, i am not selling anything nor promoting just sharing but i wont give brands or sites. Dont believe everything about fat cavitation it just breaks up the fat cells thats all, iv used it on my gut, thunder thighs and love hump they appear flatter, and the $250 machines work the same as $5,000 machines

I love this forum we get to talk about all the things that are secret, as i started shrinking in inches around my gut i found my love hump wasnt , so i bort a home fat cavitation machine i just go one on online, i am not selling anything nor promoting just sharing but i wont give brands or sites. Dont believe everything about fat cavitation it just breaks up the fat cells thats all, iv used it on my gut, thunder thighs and love hump they appear flatter, and the $250 machines work the same as $5,000 machines

Love hump.   smiley-laughing013.gif  That is so funny and awesome!!

This is a funny thread.  

I wonder if time will improve the contours of that particular lady lump.  

This is a common issue for both sexes following a large weight loss.  Surgery is an option and some insurance companies will cover it - especially if you're having a abdominoplasty or panniculectomy.

If you Google "mons lift" images, you'll find some excellent results.

I went to Google Images looking for "mons lift" and stumbled upon "Adult-Acquired Buried Penis." I'm the most thankful I've ever been for being born a girl. Needing a "mons lift" just doesn't seem all that bad anymore.

Edited by sprocket

At 5 months out, I can say that area (Panni, Mons, butt efc.) seemed to be a bit stubborn in the fat loss area. I started working out hard at the YMCA with cardio making sure to really work my lower body in the Elliptical, The ARC trainer & Adaptive amotion Trainers. In 2 weeks. I'm finally see real noticable significant weight loss in my Butt, Pani etc.

oh I can't wait for plastics though. (I imagine how everything will look, when I pull up my loose pani skin and my mons area tightens up too).

I got an unexpected Bonus down there after WLS too.

As Women have fat internally surrounding their

Vaginal Cannal. (I found this out by looking at cross section diagrams)., WLS caused me to loose weight *there*.

This was great because The excess fat caused me to be too tight. Now, I can more comfortably accomodate my hubby or multiple of my fingers (Sorry of that's TMI for some, but we are in this theead...)