Sign in to follow this  
Goddessfit4life

Calling all October staplers please "check in"

I see that we have no recent posts.  I believe that we need to keep encouraging each other along this journey.   I hope to see people posting their progress here soon.  If you are struggling where else can you get support from people who would understand first hand?

I am an October 2011 gastric bypass patient and I am happy to say, I have zero complaints! Not a single regret. I am a happy, happy camper. I still take all my vitamins and supplements and just had my 18 month follow-up with my surgeon's office. All is well! My next floow-up is October and that will be my 2-year mark. It has flown by so fast. I also now speak at the new patient information sessions for my surgeon's group at Johns Hopkins and I am loving telling my story and helping new patients. I bounce between 180 and 184 lbs and that seems to be where I hover. I hit 185 once and locked myself down to get back under and it worked. I weight myself every morning to keep myself in check. I have never thrown up. I have never lost hair. I continue to use my new tummy yo help me out and when I feel full, I stop eating. This has been quite the journey but I am happy I did it and would do it all over again in a heart beat. 

How are you doing?

Any others want to chime in out there?? :)

Jules74-Glad someone came out to answer.  I think it is key that we continue to support each other and I noticed our groups is very very quiet.  

I know. Even some members who I used to text and keep up with have disappeared into oblivion. I always wonder how they are doing? Are things going well? Have they had troubles? I'd be curious to hear from others in our group too.

my surgery date is Oct. 20th 2014, I was wondering if there was a support group for others having there surgery in October? anyone else out there?