poofandmook

Are all carbs bad carbs?

Before RNY, I'd done Atkins a few times... and one of my faaaaavorite favorite treats was having some sort of wrap or pizza made with a Mission Carb Balance tortilla, because they only have 7 net carbs.  They actually have 19g of carbs, with 13 being dietary fiber.  Should I be looking at these as having 19g of carbs, or 7 net carbs?

I think it would depend if you are still following a low carb/Atkins type plan. I am, so I would count net carbs. If not, I don't really see the point. After all, it won't change the calorie content.

Edited by GAviv

I eat low carb and would count it as 7. However, for many people (and those on Atkins) they wouldn't be allowed until on maintenance or the "last" rung of the low carb ladder. I wouldn't eat then myself, that's more carbs than I can handle without cravings, etc.

Well, I couldn't eat the whole thing anyway... Maybe 1/4.

fiber is gold when you eat low carb! enjoy! and no, not all carbs are bad - veggies/fruits/Dairy are carbs and they are very important nutrients, bad carbs - white bread, rice, pasta, chips, cookies...you know - all the good stuff!!! Ha ha! 

my plan says carbs from good foods like fruit, veggies, whole wheat and whole grains are ok. I do try to make sure my protein is more than my carb grams each day so i dont stall quite as often.  even good carbs make me feel bad sometimes, but I think thats just my mind playing with me.  I would count the tortilla as 7