Who's scheduled for surgery this April

Sue M

Hi. I'm fairly new here..been just reading until now. I am pre-op with my surgery scheduled for April 29. I am having the gastric bypass ... because of all my other health problems I am in a wheelchair and cannot exercise- last time I tried a bike type pedal exercise thingie I tore 2 miniscus in my knee. I have Multiple Sclerosis so it's too hard anyway for me. Hoping this surgery will help me to live a longer and better life. I am both nervous and excited about having GBS. I am a registered professional nurse but have been unable to practice for a number of years. It does, however, help me to understand a lot more and at the same time knowing more makes it more scary. I read all the information in the pre-op section and am very grateful for all of you that have been kind enough to share your knowledge and experiences. Who else is scheduled for April surgery?

Edited by cinwa

I am sure it will help with my diabetes, high blood pressure and joint pain. Can't wait! Thanks for the welcome.

I'm scheduled for the GBP on the 22nd of April.  Both nervous and excited at the same time.  The only two people that I know in person, both have had problems following surgery so that scares me but my osteoarthritus is a major problem so I will be happy to drop the weight.  Praying for a successful surgery.

Edited by Bev759

Hi Sue,

I am new here and having gastric bypass April 26 I to am nervious and excited at the same time. But I feel it will help my health issues This is the best choice. Good luck with your surgery and please keep in touch if you if need  someone to talk to. Welcome to this site very informative and people are wonderful.

Hi, I'm new here too. I'm hoping for gastric bypass around the end of April, no date has been set yet. I go back and forth between being excited and terrified!! I'm in the process of meeting my pre-surgical requirements, however I'm almost done! Good luck with your surgery!

Marsha

I'm scheduled for the GBS on the 22nd of April.  Both nervous and excited at the same time.  The only two people that I know in person, both have had problems following surgery so that scares me but my osteoarthritus is a major problem so I will be happy to drop the weight.  Praying for a successful surgery.

Hi Bev, osteoarthritis is another thing I have. If I listed all my diagnoses I dont think you'd believe me. I'm a who's who of medical anomalies. LOL.. Seems like everytime I have a test they find something else.. I am also scared about something going wrong. This forum is a great place for us to support each other and I'm very glad I found it. I guess we just have to get through this together..

Hi. Thank you so much. I will pray for those here as well.

Hi, I'm new here too. I'm hoping for gastric bypass around the end of April, no date has been set yet. I go back and forth between being excited and terrified!! I'm in the process of meeting my pre-surgical requirements, however I'm almost done! Good luck with your surgery!

Marsha

Hi Marsha. I was doing fine until I got my surgery date...then the excitement and scared feelings hit home.  At least we know it's normal to feel this way. Hope to chat with you some time.

Edited by Sue M

Hi Sue, daisymae & Bev, Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much. Always need prayers. Will pray for those on this forum as well.

I started on my pre op diet today of one small meal and two protein shakes a day plus lots of water.I stay on this until two weeks before surgery then go to all clear liquids. I can do it, despite that piece of key lime pie calling my name  :unsure:

Edited by Sue M

My surgery is 26th April ... So not too long to go now... I feel anxious but reading the information on this site gives me confidence and knowledge that I've been looking for.

Here in australia gastric bypass isn't as popular as it is in Europe or the States so info is relatively rare and Aussie websites few and far between..

Thankful that this website is here ad I have already felt encouraged by the lovely members on here :)

Hi Kylie- 

I'm from beautiful Brisvegas as well- you are right- ZIP on the Aussie web- feel free to message contact me if you'd like!! 

Good luck!

Thx heaps Karen it's def limited for bypass info and support in aus I am finding but lots of people seem to choosing sleeve and bypass so really prob worth starting a forum in aus??? I'm going to think about it I think :)

Edited by Kylie

There was a temporary one- didn't seem to last long... 

Would love to attend a support group- can I ask who is your surgeon?

Thanks for the welcomes and well-wishes. Daisymae, I'd love to meet you in the chat room, or maybe we can find a time and post it so others can all meet and chat about our surgeries in real time. ..An online support meeting sorta...Anyone up for that? I am so glad I found this forum.

Welcome Sue to TT.Congratulations on your surgery date.I will save you a seat on the Loser Bench:)

Thanks!  Better make that an extra large seat. LOL.

Welcome Sue to TT.Congratulations on your surgery date.I will save you a seat on the Loser Bench:)

Make that seat an extra large...for now.. Hugs.

I am scheduled for the 23rd for the sleeve.  Good luck on the bypass.

Hi everybody, I'm new on this forum and I'm scheduled for my bypass this next Tuesday.  I'm on my pre-op liquid diet and I'm having a hard time :-(