April 2013 surgeries?

red1215

You will tire easily just listen to your body and walk walk walk !!!!!   This helps believe it or not.  Had mine on the 4th and i still tire when at the store and stuff dont try to be a hero you are doing great!  Welcome the new you !!!

How is everyone doing now that you have been sleeved?  Just wanted to check in with you all see how your new beginning is going

Hey

Just had surgery on Friday, I'm struggling a bit with getting fluid den... My urine output is still low... Have terrible gas pain, so I'm hoping it just gets bit better each day. It hasn't been an easy road!! Surgery took 5 hrs doc said had bad adhesions so I will be sore and weak... Ts an understatement !!

Onwards and upwards I guess :-)

Yea it hurts.  But you did the hard part believe me.  I had mine the 4th still having issues with fluid but it igets better day by day !  Congratulations

Mine was the 18th.  I am still sore on the right side.  I have been assured that is normal.  I wasn't expecting to still be in pain at this point.  I have trouble bending and reaching, and rolling to my side in bed. 

But I am being active and getting my liquids in, about 90 ounces yesterday.  I just have to focus on it.

I go for my recheck on the 30th.  I will get to start purees then and start more meal times and some of the other rules I haven't had to worry about so far.

I do feel pretty good over all, just the nagging soreness, sorta like a stitch that doesn't go away.

Good luck fellow April suregery people.

Does anyone else wake up dripping in sweat during the middle of the night? Had surgery on the 23rd and have been home from the hospital since thursday.

I have not had any major issues, am getting in my water and protein, uncomfortable, but nothing terrible. My bed is one of those foam mattresses, so they run warmer, but it was the same thing in the hospital.

Any thoughts?

Also, good luck to all those fellow april surgeries!

Hey gang, I was April 17th and I have done miraculously well. Sorry to hear about some of your complications. Other than weakness and in the last couple of days CRAZY itchiness at my incisions, I have been great. 

The best thing to get rid of the gas is to walk walk walk. I started about 6 hours after surgey and started passing gas around midnight. Get you a shot glass and fill it every 15 alternating between gatoraid and protein shakes.

Mine is tomorrow...April 29!!

I just got sleeved on April 30th.  Still in a fair amount of pain, but nothing like the first couple of days!  Walking has definitely been the key, but I have to listen to my body when it's telling me enough is enough.  Still struggling with fluid, but not dehydrated by any means.

• 11 months later...

April 28! Feeling on top of the world! :)