April 2013 surgeries?

red1215

Well that was a bit weird ... just minutes after posting the comment above about my surgery on April 24 I got a call from my surgeon's nurse. It seems the anaesthetist has had a family emergency and had to return to his home country and my surgeon isn't happy to work with another anaesthetist given my medical history (dilated cardiomyopathy, bundle branch blockage and diabetes).

So, now they want to delay by a week, May 1. Which is fine in theory but I have booked and paid for a holiday from June 22 and am concerned that 7 weeks is cutting it a bit fine for being reasonably well recovered. If I hadn't already paid for our flights and cruise I'd just defer my holiday time but it was all booked back in January, to allow plenty of time to recover after planned heart surgery in February. However, my last cardiac checkup was better than expected and now the heart surgery is on hold.

Any-hoo, looks like I'm no longer a member of the April surgery club.

April 23rd here.   My Pre-opp is this Friday......almost there.....just a few more anxious weeks.

April 8th (this coming monday)!!!  been on liquid diet since Mar. 25... lost about 14 lbs. so far....  clear liquids only this weekend...  congrats to all and good luck!...

April 8th for me - two days away!  Liquids for me tomorrow.  Not really nervous, but excited to get on with this next chapter in my life.  :D

Edited by Cat78

April 4th was the day I was so excited I could not sleep.  I am so happy for all of you getting this done stay positive and heres my email if you would like to chat

preciousdiamonds77@yahoo.com

Just had my surgery Friday April 12th...... I actually had a revision from band! Band was removed Feb and just had bypass. Home.... feeling a little better each day :)  Agatha

Edited by agmom0207

New to the forum. My surgery is scheduled for the 23rd. Halfway through the liquids diet. I do not think the whole thing really starting setting in until the liquid diet. That was an eye opener.

Anyone else live alone? I have lots of friends nearby, but will utilimately be living by myself. Just curious...

@CtlFmr38 - My discharge instructions required me to have someone with me for the first 48 hours. You will definitely need some help. Good luck! :-)

Edited by Cat78

Hey everyone!!  I am doing the 10 day liquid diet only sugar free jello and popsicles...I am on day 2...feeling ok...a little strange at times but it totally is mind over matter!!  Only issue is I have a event I have to go to on Sunday (my surgery is the following Friday) and I need to figure out how I am not going to eat anything as that is the event...I am wondering if I did have a little something not because I want to eat but to fit in would it hurt anything?  It is strange because my friend that is having surgery tomorrow only had to do a one day clear diet....anyone had the nerve to ask their dr what would happen?  Just curious..

Thanks!

Julie :)

Hello everyone... Had my surgery on Monday, I'm feeling really tired and weak! The most of my pain is on the right side of my stomach!

I've been sipping a lot,, and trying to walk as much as possible..but I'm feeling really weak,,so I don't get in as much walking as I should.