DianaS

2nd Half of March - Here We Go

Here are the next coming surgeries for the second half of March.  If I missed anyone, make sure you add yours in reply. We want to keep track of everyone.

kikidoll, SHRNCRA01, Ziggy, tishiert and Danette112...March 18th

Sarpla2,Tegan and Pondgirl46...March 19th 

DianaS (me), Chefchrisp, Smurph, JCS, militarygal441...March 20th

Michelle74...March 25th

AmandaBear13...March 26th

naplesmom...March 27th

huneebee...March 28th

Good luck to us!!!  

I already noticed one spelling error, so forgive me if I got yours a bit wrong - I think we can tell who I mean.

Edited by DianaS

My big day is tomorrow, the 18th, as well.

Sorry I missed you, Ziggy.  Wishing you the best of luck!  Let us know how it goes as soon as you're able.

Woooo!!! Lots of surgeries tomorrow!!!

kikidoll, SHRNCRA01, Ziggy, tishiert and Danette112 -- Good Luck!! Praying for a safe and healthy surgery as well as a speedy recovery for you all!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone on the loser's bench!!!

march 28th if the insurance approves

March 25th!

Michelle, I got you added to the list.  You, too, huneebee because we're going to will your insurance approval into being!

Good Luck on your upcoming surgeries guys!  ;)

weight.png
Edited by Shelly Lori

My surgery was 8am today, all went well. Managable pain, some nauesa and a sore throat but I made it!

Congratulations! Have you started walking? They told me to do it right away and I gave them the evil eye, but once I forced myself to start the gas started moving right away and help alleviate the pain. We're on the loser's bench now!

Ziggy, glad to hear you are doing well !!! Prayers for your recovery...  :)

Glad to hear things went well Ziggy!

Happy to see you posting so soon Ziggy!! Glad all went well for you!!

Sarpla2,Tegan and Pondgirl46-- Prayers for you guys tonight!! Hope you all are excited! It's finally your turns! :D

Just started day one of my liquid diet....7 days to go!! :P

I just took my first walk, we tried this morning and it didn't go well. Gotta get the gas moving though!

Keep at it Ziggy. It gets easier every time! You can do it. It's hard but it's worth it!

AmandaBear, I'm on a liquid diet too. This is my third week and I'm soooo ready for pureed food. (Never thought I'd say that. LOL!) I just want to be able to chew something.

Wow, you guys are amazing. Ziggy - posting from your hospital bed! I couldnt even sit up the first day. Godd for you. Yup, the more you walk the better! We got a lot of surtgeries this week and next. Good luck to all.

I am tw weeks out, feeling pretty good, but tired. Still on liquids, which I like. Walking a block or two most days but I am still really tired from the surgery, Im a wimp I know.

Wen

I am impressed Ziggy, you are in a Bariatric Hospital. No such thing where I am, not even a ward. Most of the nusres had no idea what the surgery even was! You're lucky! But I have an awesome doc!

Good luck tomorrow --=-=-=- >>>>  

DianaS, Chefchrisp, Smurph, JCS, militarygal441...March 20th!!!!!!

Our prayers are with you, it will be a breeze.........

Well, I am 5 days out and I think things are going great. I came home yesterday afternoon. I able to walk around and do most everything on my own. Unless I drop something on the floor then I'm out of luck! I never thought I would be so happy to pass gas so often but it feels better every time I do. I just wish I could get rid of all the gas since that's my biggest compliant.

I've been trying to get my fluids in and I know I am dropping short there but I sip sip sip during all my waking hours and added protein yesterday.

I have to give myself Lovenox shots in the belly for 2 weeks which is the worst part of my day. It actually doesn't hurt but the anticpation of it & thought of doing it wrong bothers me.

I do have an unexpected pain in the back and neck from sitting and sleeping in my recliner. But my stomach pain is getting better each day.

But all and all I think it's going well.

Hello All!  Had my surgery on the 19th.  Just got home yesterday, not sure for how long though.  I am draining quite a bit from my JP tube.  MIght need a little extra IV support.  My surgery was eventful.  I bled a lot throughout the whole procedure.  By the time it was done my BP was like 52/40.  I got two packages of blood transfused and have been doing a bit better since.  Here's to hoping things recover soon!!!

Sorry to hear you had such a hard time, but sounds like you are on the mend. You are in my prayers.

Ziggy, your whole experience sounds much like mine.  The hospital that I was at is 80% devoted to bariatric surgeries. I only have to give myself the Lovenox shots for 1 week, though.  You almost can't do the shot wrong, so long as it is injected inside of you, it's done correctly.

Sarpla2, sorry to hear that your surgery did not go very smoothly.  Wishing you some speedy healing!

Edited by DianaS

My day is coming up!!! I will be having gastric bypass surgery this Wed. the 27th. I can hardly believe it is almost here!! I am on a clear liquid diet now and it is hard... Thankfully, I only have to do this 2 days before my surgery! Say some prayers for me, soon I will be on the loser's bench !!!!   

Thinking of you, naplesmom, and will be sending prayers your direction.