Sagging Breasts?

PG-NewLife

I was just thinking about my saggy bags yesterday- seriously... !!! They were never show pieces but now I'm just glad my swimming attire had it's own inbuilt shelf... moving on.... ok down... :) 

there are exercizes that you can do to tighten them up. granted it wont get rid of all the sag but it will help with the self image.

Not really, breast are mostly fat so as you lose the weight they will get smaller and sag. I had it happen to me. I think a lift is the only thing I'll have done. I can handle those scars.

there are exercizes that you can do to tighten them up. granted it wont get rid of all the sag but it will help with the self image.

Once you've lost volume in the breasts and it's skin sagging left behind exercise is not going to make much of  a difference.  Per a plastic surgeon consultation I had.  I believe it simply because I do a lot of weight work and have for 8 months and there has been no visible difference in my boobs.

I have this same concern. Like someone said, they werent show pieces but they were good. Now, no bra on makes me sad. I have already gone down a cup and band size and they6 dont look as good as they did.

I'm with ya.....I'm almost 2.5 years out and the girls are VERY saggy! My boobs are constantly the butt of jokes between my daughters and I........"I've gone from a 42 DD to a 36 long", "Mom, you shouldn't wear capri pants, people will see your nipples", "I have to move my breast to scratch my knee"... you get the point ;-p. I laugh at myself because I know its just a fact of life post RNY.

When I exercise or run, it's mandatory that I wear a high support sports bra and a fairly tight fitting athletic top to keep everything in place. I have found that soft cup (no padding, just fabric), underwire bras provide me with the best support, lift and shape possible. and, I have to literally fold and tuck my boobs into the bra. If I wear a bra with any sort of padding, my boobs look like deflated water balloons in a bowl....NOT attractive in any way.

A breast lift with implants (along with a tummy tuck) are in my fairly near future...I decided to go with the implant because upon the surgeon's exam, he determined that I'd be a B cup. I was not comfortable being that small and decided that I wanted to be a C....not too big, not too small.

I have to say that all the loose skin and decreased breast volume is a small price to pay for losing all the weight and being healthier.

thanks for posting this. i've thought of it but didn't know if it was too weird.

i feel like i need to roll up my breasts before i tuck them into my bra! like many have said, they didn't have stellar breast to begin with. me too. one is bigger than the other, they have been hanging A LOT since I was in my early twenties (i'm 36) but the RNY has just decimated the bulk and doubled the droop.

i know there is nothing physically wrong with me, but i worry that having physical relations with men in the future will be embarrassing and awful. (I am currently divorced)

I hope to get implants in the future but i could never afford to pay for them.

Breasts themselves have no muscle - they're primarily just fat.

We can exercise our pectoralis major muscles but in honesty, when you're talking about dropping a significant amount of excess weight (as we are) it doesn't do much to help.

I went from a 46/48 DD down to a 32/34C.  The one bra I can't live without is a Genie Bra with inserts:  http://www.geniebra.com/shop.php

It's worth checking out eBay for them.

I love the Genie bras too - they're super comfortable and the padding actually makes me look like there is something on my chest.  I was flat-chested even when fat and now have non-existent boobs.   At a wild guess, I'd say I'm now a 38AA (do they even make that size??), have been too embarrassed to go have a proper measurement taken.  It's ironic that women on both ends of the breast size spectrum have trouble finding bras that fit...

It's kind of funny now, but at the time I was embarrassed... I just went to see my PCP last week for a back issue and he hadn't seen me for about 4-5 months.  He had a medical student working with him that day and actually said to him "See, breasts ARE mostly fat!" when we were talking about my weight loss.  What a character... lol

Wow Tech I cant believe he said that!

I try not to focus on my boobs too much but I still slather on the firming creams. I use aveeno, I swear they help a little. I could just be fooling myself.....

I have an appt with the PS for a lil lift, I figured if my hubby can get his eyes done, I can the the girls done.    :lol:   I hate bras!!!!!!  The "Genie" bra rolls up on me, maybe I'm short waisted...I don't know.

Breasts themselves have no muscle - they're primarily just fat.

We can exercise our pectoralis major muscles but in honesty, when you're talking about dropping a significant amount of excess weight (as we are) it doesn't do much to help.

I went from a 46/48 DD down to a 32/34C.  The one bra I can't live without is a Genie Bra with inserts:  http://www.geniebra.com/shop.php

It's worth checking out eBay for them.

I buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond and use the $5. off coupons that come around! Crazy what that store sells now!

I didn't have stellar breasts to begin with and now I have even more sag and droop.  Its quite depressing.  Trying to find nice bras is a challenge.  I too find that a soft fabric, no padding, underwire, gives me a nice shape ... and I've tried a couple of padded bras and erhmigawd they do look like deflated water balloons in a bowl (thanks Mamacita!)  .... it is quite depressing trying on bras now :(  But hey, I am at a far better place than I was with my weight and I can live with all the sag and droop at the moment ... though I am looking forward to having things lifted, tucked, and nipped into place!

Now - I just have to win the lotto.

I have only worn genie bras for months. If I'm a sagging bcup I would be surprised. All I am now skin with no tissue.

I didn't have stellar breasts to begin with and now I have even more sag and droop.  Its quite depressing.  Trying to find nice bras is a challenge.  I too find that a soft fabric, no padding, underwire, gives me a nice shape ... and I've tried a couple of padded bras and erhmigawd they do look like deflated water balloons in a bowl (thanks Mamacita!)  .... it is quite depressing trying on bras now :(  But hey, I am at a far better place than I was with my weight and I can live with all the sag and droop at the moment ... though I am looking forward to having things lifted, tucked, and nipped into place!

Now - I just have to win the lotto.

I have only worn genie bras for months. If I'm a sagging bcup I would be surprised. All I am now skin with no tissue.

Yes....skin with no tissue, that's exactly it!

Poodlemumma - I'm glad you understood my "bowl" analogy!

I forgot the funniest "boob joke" between my husband and I ..... We say that my breasts hang so low now that we're going to start calling them my "breasticles"! :D