Cicoca

*****Post Bypass Peeps******

So I am almost 2 years out and my weight seems to go up and down a lot. I have recently gained back about 40 lbs. and trying to lose it again. I have been approved for a panniculectomy but I am no where near my goal weight (about another 75lbs.) For all that have been through this process I need some help. I am scheduled for the panni at the end of this month. Would it be wise to go ahead and have it done or wait till I get to goal weight? I was hoping by having it done it would just start the weight loss again. How do I get back on track? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Help please!!!

I would have to say that if I were investing the time, money, and pain into plastic surgery, I would want to be sure my weight was stable and I was legitimately "maintaining" so I could get the best results. I've heard several folks say they get saggy belly skin on their TT area after just a few pounds of weight gain and loss. Since you seem to be struggling with a rather large weight gain (and anticipating a large weight loss), it just doesn't look like you have found your maintenance spot. If it were me, I would try to figure out what I need to do mentally, emotionally, and behavior-wise to reach a stable WLS lifestyle before going through something so traumatic as plastic surgery.

I would have to say that if I were investing the time, money, and pain into plastic surgery, I would want to be sure my weight was stable and I was legitimately "maintaining" so I could get the best results. I've heard several folks say they get saggy belly skin on their TT area after just a few pounds of weight gain and loss. Since you seem to be struggling with a rather large weight gain (and anticipating a large weight loss), it just doesn't look like you have found your maintenance spot. If it were me, I would try to figure out what I need to do mentally, emotionally, and behavior-wise to reach a stable WLS lifestyle before going through something so traumatic as plastic surgery.

Very true. Sometimes it is best to go back to basics. Track you intake and exercise. Sometimes reflect in what you did when you lost the weight and what you are doing now can be eye opening.

I agree with BugdocMom, when I had my skin removal, my plastic surgeon wouldn't do the surgery until I had maintained my weight for a year.    It sounds to me that you have other issues going on in your life right now.  You need to remember why you did the Bypass and what triggers you to overeat in the first place.

Go back to the beginning and delay the panni surgery.  Most insurance companies won't cover a second skin removal surgery, so you only get one shot at it. 

I'm going to have to ditto bugdocmom....... I am planning to have my own tummy tuck/breast augmentation sometime within the next few months. I am 8 lbs heavier than my "comfy" weight and have decided to get myself in the best condition possible before surgery since I will probably be out of commission for a while and I want the best results of this surgery possible by having good muscle tone to begin with. I have started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred program 4 days ago combined with resistance band toning.

Best of luck to you.....I know waiting to have plastics will be hard, but the results will be worth the wait.

Edited by Mamacita

Thank you all so so much! I cancelled my panni surgery today( I am just not ready). I still have a lot of weight to lose and somehow I will get there. I plan on having the surgery next year. So that gives me a full year to get serious and just do it. Your advise means a lot and I really do appreciate it!!!!

I think you made the right decision!!!  Good luck.

Good luck and please stay in touch!!