mymorro

will I ever be able to eat regular food again? please help!

All the comments here are very helpful. I am 3wks out, only 17pds lost and I've tried some foods, I'm sure too soon that really didn't agree with me. I have come to the conclusion after some trail and error that i have to completely change the way I look at food, eating use to be fun now it's almost a chore. It's easier to just drink a protein shake or have yogert. This past week was my puree week and I couldn't do it tried the deli meat thing umph but fish and mash potatoes seem to be the only things that i can tolerate but I'm getting tired of that. Hoping it does get better

I was feeling the same way also. After I got home. I thought what have I done to myself. I can't go back. Took about 2 weeks and  started to feel better physically. Now 6 weeks post op, go to the gym all the time. I'm down 32lbs. not as fast as I like for the effort and what I eat , but I also take in account my age and menopause. guess I really am not 25 anymore.

Point is I was feeling like a sorry person for quite awhile. As you get to move and do more your focus shifts. You get more interests and it is not all about food.

I'm just wondering if I will be ever to eat solids again. These dang strictures that I keep having

I am three years post op.  I can eat pretty much anything.  The only things that make me sick now is some things with milk.  Other than that, I just have to obey my pouch size.  I have not had one regret since having my surgery.  One of the best decisions I have ever made.  Good luck.

Cheers,

Micah

Don't panic. You'll be able to eat most everything in time. Just not as much. Now sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Your in the Honeymoon Period now - the most magical time in WLS. You will not have this time again. Relax. Enjoy. Don't worry. Be Happy.