Sign in to follow this  
mbmapp

I'm getting started for my journey, I have ?'s about ins.

I have tried several weight loss problems and submitted to my doctor, do I still need to go to my doctor and try another program for 6 mos, he said Aetna and Blue Shield wants their pts to try for 6 months, is this true? I want my surgery. Thanks

Were your previous attempts Dr. supervised and for 6 months in a row? That's usually the requirement that they have to be dr. supervised, and 6 months consecutively , because I know some people missed 1 month appointment and they had to restart the whole 6 months over again.

I have Blue Cross / Blue Sheild, and they don't require any supervised weight loss.

I have BC/BS as well, and all they had me do was meet with a nutritionist one time after I met with my surgeon.

Thank you so much, California has all these different laws, but when I spoke to Blue Shield they didn't say anything, they said as long as I find a place that does and handle obesity surgeries, I would be fine, the doctor at the seminar said Blue Shield requirement. Thanks

Thank you, did you have to write a letter?

Thank you so much, I did it for sometime. I have BC/BS and this site is so helpful. Thanks

If your previous attempts were thru a Dr and they have all the documentation that they can submit to the insurance co you should be fine, I had BC/BS at the time of my surgery and my Dr had all the documentation from my previous attempts so mine went right thru since she was able to submit all my paperwork from my previous attempts, good luck!!

@nanny is thinner now, thank you so much for this information, yes I submitted all of the paperwork to my doctor and its trackable. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again.