naplesmom

March 2013 surgeries?

I just found out my surgery date is March 27th 2013 !!! I am very excited! I was wondering, is there anyone else out there who has a surgery coming up in March? I am in SW Fl, where are you located?

Sometime in March here too! Don't have an exact date yet! Super excited! SW Michigan

I am a new member but my surgery date is March 5th :D

I am a previous band person and I,m sched for march. March 7 th I will be sleeved!

Edited by misconduct

My surgery date is march 2nd. I'm getting the Sleeve. Saying hi from India. Lived in Los Angeles till 5 years back.. I'm nervous, scared, worried, happy and excited all at the same time. I'd love to meet people similar to my date so we can follow each others progress and share our experiences.

My surgery is set for March 18.  It is getting so close and I am getting excited and yet now I am getting really nervous.

My surgery is scheduled for March 8th!! I'm sooo excited!! Praying this month goes super fast!! LOL I'm in Washington state :)

Yayyy..we have a nice little group forming here.. I'm excited to share our experiences and compare notes..

Does anyone here know how to form a small group within thinner times? Or else, do you think we could all form a group on facebook? This way we can be constantly in touch! If yes, please inbox me your facebook id.. So that i can create a group and add you folks to it!

I just joined. My surgery is March 6, 2013. I've been waiting so long, but now it feels so quick. Scouring the internet for sample meal plans to use when I come home from the hospital so I can go shopping in advance. Feeling pretty nervous. Wen-

I think this is a smaller group within TT, March 2013 Surgeries!

I am scheduled for gastric bypass on march 5th! I think I'll be in disbelief that it's happening until I'm waking up after surgery! Right now I'm focused on losing the 11lbs required by my doctor before the 28th (my pre-op appt/weigh in).

I do not have a set surgery date yet.  I need an Endoscopy first.  My surgeon said sometime in March.  So as of now, I will consider myself as being a candidate for a March surgery.  Hahahha!!  Good luck to everyone!

It looks like mine will be March 20th.  I can't wait and I'm glad there are so many of you with March dates, also.  I will look forward to watching your progress.  Good luck!

I'm scheduled for March 18th, I start the liquid diet on the 8th.

Wow, it's exciting there are so many of us! Next week I have my pre-op appt at the hospital and my pre-op at my doctor. My surgery is the week after that (March 6-GB). I'm excited but now it seems like I have too much left to do before then (work and home), the time is flyin bye.

I am trying to get all the products and things I will need on hand for post surgery and I have about 4 more books to read! Time used to stand still, now it's racing by. Hope that continues after surgery. Any tips on suplements or protien shakes. I am going with ones that my support group recomended.

Looks like madsmits84 is the first of this group!!! :)

Oh yes wendy..Looks like i'm the first in our little group.. I am very nervous. Doctor advised 5 days pre op liquid diet but i decided to do it for 10 days. So it has been really tough. I love food.. in case u havent noticed.. :unsure: .. and today is my 5th day. I have slipped once.. Ate some cottage cheese coz i had such wild cravings. And i got so desperate to eat something.. Well and since my liquid diet.. I have lost 3 kilos (6.6 lbs). Guess it is a good start eh! Cant wait for March 2nd and yet, i also dont want it to come any sooner than it has to! Hahaha! Hows everyone else doing? How many days pre op liquid diet has your doc suggested?

Cheers

Have a great day ya all

Mads

My doc doesn't require everyone to do the liquid diet but because my BMI is so high I get to be one of the lucky few. I have a 10 day diet that starts right after I get my preop bloodwork and EKG done. But I am allowed 1 meal of 2-3 oz lean protein & 1 cup of certain veggies so it's not totally liquid

Oh and i forgot to mention.. Its my bday on 28th of feb.. 2 days before surgery! Not sure how much of a celebration i wil have. I guess it is symbolic.. after this bday (after this surgery) i am going to be born again, as a new and healthier person!

My Surgery is Monday, March 4, 2013 and I'm very anxious.

Oh thats good ziggy. My doc said liquid diet. But quite flexible on the type of liquids.. I can have fruit juices minus the sugar, clear soups, low fat milk, yoghurt, buttermilk, Liquidy porridge.. and stuff like that.. So there is quite a variety of options.. unfortunately sometimes ur teeth just miss the chewing and the swallowing.. :(.. But hey, its all for a good cause right!

New to the group and the site. My surgery is March 5th and I'm very excited as well!

Edited by Lizz65

I got my date!! March 14th, the start of my new healthy life. I pray the weight loss helps with the pain in my back. I am nervous but so thankful for the good friends which will keep me inspired and on track! LET'S GO!