January surgeries? What's your date?

mb78

Hi! Not sure exactly how to use the Monthly Support Group page but thought it would be awesome to have others going in to surgery at the same time to compare notes and provide support. I'm going in January 11th for gastric bypass. Who else is in January?

Mine is January 7th! I got my approval yesterday in the mail, so its still sinking in! Less than 2 weeks, after 6 months it seems kind of unreal...

I'm scheduled for my surgery January 24th! I can't wait for the process to begin! I start my two week liquid diet on January 10th. It's great to start the new year off to a new life!!!

Best wishes to all of you! Any concerns to share or discuss? I've reached the point where I'm just anxious for my date to be here. Ready for this new phase!

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to have found this forum! I am going in for my surgery on Monday, January 7th!! I can hardly believe we're here already! I'm feeling nervous, excited and everything in-between! Reading through the message boards has been a huge help for me. One thing I've noticed is that it seems like most people have had to go on a 2-week liquid diet but that was not something that was required for me. I am going through Kaiser in Richmond, CA...anyone else? I'm wondering if I should start a self-imposed liquid diet to prepare???

Hope everyone has an easy surgery and recovery.

Angela

I go in on Monday too! The waiting is killing me. My surgeon put me on an only one week liquid 800 calorie/day diet, since i met my 22 lb pre-op goal that their nutritionist set for me. Lol the liquid diet is really sucking right now though, i was getting bad muscle cramps, so i had a little "real" food, and they stopped. Now im just hoping there isnt a bad snowstorm or anything until monday....

I am on for Jan. 3rd!!!!

Hi Brismom,

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and hoping that all went well with your surgery today! :)

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to have found this forum! I am going in for my surgery on Monday, January 7th!! I can hardly believe we're here already! I'm feeling nervous, excited and everything in-between! Reading through the message boards has been a huge help for me. One thing I've noticed is that it seems like most people have had to go on a 2-week liquid diet but that was not something that was required for me. I am going through Kaiser in Richmond, CA...anyone else? I'm wondering if I should start a self-imposed liquid diet to prepare???

Hope everyone has an easy surgery and recovery.

Angela

Hi Angela! I was concerned about the same thing and so I asked my surgeon's PA about this. She said no, I didn't have to and backed it up with an appropriate reason. So...I'd talk to your surgeon's medical team so that you have peace of mind!

My surgeon called me last night and told me that they were changing my date from Jan 15 to Jan 8th.... I was just about to go in for some sushi and wine with a friend as a farewell to food celebration when they called... I panicked because I hadn't started my pre-op liquid diet (was going to start Saturday). They told me no worries, and to go enjoy my dinner and to start the pre-op diet today - so I did - it will be 3 days of full liquids and then Monday is all clear liquids. I had alot of things planned over the next week - work related, and getting my kids ready (clothes washed, set out, food ready, etc.) - but that has all been bumped up to this weekend now! I am totally excited they are able to get me in earlier - just have alot to do now to wrap things up!

I'm trying to figure out what to take with me to the hospital.. this list I have so far is: chapstick, robe, slippers, fuzzy socks (my feet are always cold), toothpaste/brush, change of clothes, book and phone. Anyone else know what to take or what you are taking with you?

How's everyone doing?? Post op? Pre-Op? I had my surgery on Monday and am home resting relatively comfortably. Woke up this morning feeling amazing but then tried to do much and I think I'm paying for it.

I experienced very little pain other than the horrendous gas bubbles and feeling totally bloated! I had one experience with some pain this morning when I took too big a drink of my tea. (I was on the phone and not paying attention..lol) The one thing I"m unsure about it whether or not I'm actually feeling hunger pains or if this is gas. Since I woke up, my stomach has growled at me. I mentioned to my surgeon that I thought I was hungry and he said that could only be head hunger. I then started to realize that this might be the gas talking...anyone else experience this?

Good luck to everyone!

How's everyone doing?? Post op? Pre-Op? I had my surgery on Monday and am home resting relatively comfortably. Woke up this morning feeling amazing but then tried to do much and I think I'm paying for it.

I experienced very little pain other than the horrendous gas bubbles and feeling totally bloated! I had one experience with some pain this morning when I took too big a drink of my tea. (I was on the phone and not paying attention..lol) The one thing I"m unsure about it whether or not I'm actually feeling hunger pains or if this is gas. Since I woke up, my stomach has growled at me. I mentioned to my surgeon that I thought I was hungry and he said that could only be head hunger. I then started to realize that this might be the gas talking...anyone else experience this?

Good luck to everyone!

So glad to hear you are on the other side and doing well! I've heard the gas bubbles can be awful but it sounds like you're working through it. So glad to hear the update!

I can't believe I leave tomorrow and surgery is on Friday. Eeeeeekkk!!! It's kind of a melancholy time....I'm excited, nervous, anxious, sad, happy......it's a roller coaster. Best wishes to all of you!

My surgery date is January 21, and I am sooo excited. Well scared too, but excited for the possibilities!

My thoughts are with the 3 that went today!! Hope all went well!!

I just found out today - my surgery is 01/29/13! I am so excited (nervous and scared too) but can't wait to begin the changes I so desperately want and need.

Can't wait to hear how some of you are doing that have had surgery already. Sending healing vibes your way.!