What are you putting in your pouch?

I think it would be helpful to start a thread stating how many days out we are, what dietary stage we're at, and what we actually managed to get into the pouch--liquids, protein, other food. What works and what doesn't, in other words, a feeding thread for people who are all at about the same point in the process.

I'm at day eight, full liquids stage

Liquids:

Haven't had any trouble getting in fluids, sipping water and herbal tea all day. I find it very hard to actually measure accurately because I have bottles of water and half-finished cups of tea all over the place, but can account for at least 48 ounces of liquids and probably more. Seem to be hydrated, peeing a lot. Finding that I don't like sugar-free popsicles anymore and that jello seems somehow too heavy.

Protein:

Most of a Premier protein shake ( bit less than 30 gm)

3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (18 gm)

I'm finding protein very difficult--the shakes I thought were perfectly fine before surgery are cloying and lay like lead. I think tomorrow I'll do more Greek yogurt, which seems to work well in 1/4 cup servings at 6 gm protein each.

Other:

2 T cream of wheat mixed to a soupy consistency with water only. Went down well. Yesterday I tried it mixed with protein shake--that version didn't go down well.

I'm 14 days out and i've moved to Phase 2 a.

so for breakfast i had

2 oz of oatmeal with splenda made with skim milk

for lunch i had

2 oz of blended tuna with egg and made with low fat mayo

i like this stage better then 1

I am 7 days out, Dr. Prescribes 10 days of clear liquids. So... I've made some chicken broth, strained some instant miso soup and strained some egg drop soup. The egg drop soup was thicker and quite satisfying. I'm missing the motions of eating. I have jello and Popsicles for that satisfaction. Struggling with protein, I get bad heartburn with isopure. Today I will attempt to make isopure Popsicles. I am looking forward to Christmas Day when I go into 10 days of full liquids, having the shakes will boost protein intake. Thus far, feeling great just focused on healing and hydrating.

This is one of our most popular thread - it gives an idea of what people at various stages post-op are eating. It's long but it's worth browsing:

• 3 months later...

I'm in beginning stages post op for sleeve. After surgery are you hungry on the liquid phase? Does anybody know how many days of liquids for sleeve before surgery? Thanks in advance....

I'm in beginning stages post op for sleeve. After surgery are you hungry on the liquid phase? Does anybody know how many days of liquids for sleeve before surgery? Thanks in advance....

Surgeon's differ in their requirements and often, how long you're on a pre-op liquid diet will depend on whether your surgeon feels that your liver is enlarged.