Wicked

Time of Month... Chocolate.

Time of month and all I want is chocolate. Every time. and what's worse is that the sugar intake DOESNT bother me around my time of month either. If I eat a candybar when it's not I get the sugar jitters just like anyone else here; around the time of month I could probably eat two and not feel the sugar.

I've been good for the most part. With any kind of sugar craving I give myself 3 days of hardcore craving it before I give in. (Cravings last 20 minutes, pssh! lies!)

What do you do to cope? It's slowly bringing my sweet-tooth back. :/ It doesn't help that I haven't lost any weight since August so I'm half in a mindset to just give up and I tend to break into sugar a lot more now.

Wicked, I am post menopausal now so no more cravings but I always knew I was getting my period when I woke up and craved a Hershey's chocolate bar! LOL, I would drive to get coffee and get a chocolate bar for breakfast and I never, ever did that...except once a month! So it is not in your head, I think you might benefit from Iron as well...since you sound like your body reacts like mine did to hormones and flushing eggs!

I eat a bite or two or three of chocolate every day but I do it in moderation. What works for me are the Dove or Bliss squares. They are bites sized portions, very rich and they allow me to limit my intake and cravings.

I think you might like them and find it easier to keep your cravings in check.

Remember to enjoy them, let them melt in your mouth and savor them.

If you buy a candy bar, you are likely to eat the entire thing, especially if you do not dump on sugar so I would suggest you work on keeping things in control by only having portion controlled sweets at hand.

And get moving, you are young and you can get the rest of that weight off-go for it!!!!

For every bite of chocolate you have, walk 20 minutes!!!! Three Dove squares equals an hour of walking!! It will also make you aware of the price you pay for eating the sweets, it takes a ton of exercise to work those unnescessary calories off!

I found a bakery that makes tasty sugar free bon-bons. One is enough per day

I use the Calcet chocolate calcium citrate bites to sate my craving for chocolate - they taste like little chocolate truffles to me AND I'm getting in my extra calcium... win-win!

I have some Halloween size plain Hershey bars and I hide them in the back of the freezer from myself and the family for "period emergencies". I also can eat chocolate without dumping -- so I try to keep it to the 2-3 days before my period.

I also take supplemental chewable iron every day. (In no way scientific. Not sure if this is AT ALL related)