Dec surgery folks

annabp

Dec. 11th is rapidly approaching! I am so excited, and honestly, getting pretty nervous. I have had surgery twice before (gall bladder and appendix), and both times it was emergent and didn't really give me time to think about what was happening. This time it has been such a planned and well thought out process. I'm totally prepared and ready for it, just freaking myself out a little with so much time to think about everything! The liquid diet is going ok. 1st couple days were pretty rough, but as everyone here said it would it seems to get a little easier each day. I'm getting tired of sweets though...shakes, jello, popsicles, etc. Ive tried the broth a couple times and am really not enjoying it! Will keep trying though to switch things up a little bit. How's everybody else doing? I know there were several of us scheduled around the same time....

Excited for you too, the 11th will be here before you know it!! :D I'm getting nervous too, and anxious all at the same time. The side of me that is in love with food is trying my patience. I don't start my diet til the 12th, & I feel as if I am craving everything all at once right now, as if my body wants to hoard it up because the days of fast food are soon to be over. I know that probably sounds dumb, but I really feel like I want to eat everything I can before its all gone, and it's hard to reign myself in & not give in. It's going to be a hard road ahead, but so worth it.

I'm with you girls...getting nervous and excited! I've about had enough of this liquid diet too...I feel like I am going to turn into a protein shake or a bowl of broth! I am schedule for Monday morning..bright and early...have to be there at 5:15! I will be thinking of all of you, and praying for smooth surgeries! Let's keep each other updated with how things are going. :D

Quirk - will be thinking of you on Monday!! Check in when you can and let us know how it goes. Are you close to Westmoreland hosp? I live in westmoreland county, in the Lower Burrell/New Kensington area.

Quirk - will be thinking of you on Monday!! Check in when you can and let us know how it goes. Are you close to Westmoreland hosp? I live in westmoreland county, in the Lower Burrell/New Kensington area.

Yes, I live in Scottdale...so it's only about 25 minutes away. Thank you so much! I will definitely let you all know how things went! :D

My surgery is December 7th. I can't wait. It seems like this process has taken forever.

Can't get here soon enough. I'm nervous and starving from my day of clear liquids. DH somehow had the idea that I would make him breakfast before we leave for the hospital in the morning and I about bit his head off. The waiting is killing me.

Can't get here soon enough. I'm nervous and starving from my day of clear liquids. DH somehow had the idea that I would make him breakfast before we leave for the hospital in the morning and I about bit his head off. The waiting is killing me.

I am really nervous too! I can't seem to go to bed. I have to be up at 4am, and I am not tired at all. I can't quit worrying! :unsure:

Don't worry about sleeping...you'll get plenty of rest tomorrow! Lol. In all seriousness, praying for a smooth day for you guys!

It sure is a different sensation. Im never hungry, nor do I feel full. I have to force myself to eat to get my protien, and have to measure everything. But I will say, I think the girl that was addicted to food is gone. I have some pain of course, but I cant recall ever feeling this good really. Glad to hear that everyone is on the losers bench and their surgery went well for them!

Starting liquid diet tomorrow!! Merry Xmas to me!

I started mine on Thanksgiving, I feel your pain. But at least your not gaining any excess holiday weight this year! It will be so worth it.

I just started full liquids this morning. Wasn't sure I could do it because I still feel like absolute crud because of the pulmonary embolism--they tell me I feel like this because my lungs are inflamed--and thought jello was on the heavy side. But my darling husband made me cream of wheat thinned with protein shake and I've been working on it for an hour or so with no ill effects so far. This is new to me that something I would have slurped down in seconds before surgery now takes a couple of hours to eat.

I just started full liquids this morning. Wasn't sure I could do it because I still feel like absolute crud because of the pulmonary embolism--they tell me I feel like this because my lungs are inflamed--and thought jello was on the heavy side. But my darling husband made me cream of wheat thinned with protein shake and I've been working on it for an hour or so with no ill effects so far. This is new to me that something I would have slurped down in seconds before surgery now takes a couple of hours to eat.

Did you get the embolism from the surgery?

So excited for my surgery tomorrow! I don't think I could be any more prepared for this, but at the same time, I'm just a big ball of nerves today. Guess that's to be expected before a major operation. See you all on losers bench!!

So excited for my surgery tomorrow! I don't think I could be any more prepared for this, but at the same time, I'm just a big ball of nerves today. Guess that's to be expected before a major operation. See you all on losers bench!!

I bet you are excited...I start my pre op diet on Wed...Good luck!

Good luck tomorrow!! I know I'm a ball of nerves myself as my surgery is tomorrow too!! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck to you too! I'm sure we'll both be back here checking in in no time. Here's to smooth surgeries, and speedy recoveries!