Sign in to follow this  
kkmonroe79

Having a Rough Day

Hi everyone! I'm having a rough day today on the liquids. I woke up this morning, and am super nauseated. Everytime I try to drink my broth I have to stop because I'm afraid I'm going to get sick. Is this just part of it? I don't think I can handle a protein shake at all. I've been on liquids only since Friday...and haven't strayed once. It's just not fun today at all. :(

Hang in there just a few more days...day four was my absolute worst day! It's now been a week of the liquid diet (one more week till surgery) and I'm down 11 pounds and my energy is back. And honestly, I feel better...lots better...than I did before going on it. Kinda like it's been a cleanse.

So chin up. Put your shake in the freezer for 30 minutes then get it down. You'll feel worse if you don't. Good luck!

Thanks for the post! It's gotten better this afternoon...hopefully tomorrow will much better.

I had a lot of nausea in the beginning. I really had to sip very slowly and only take in little bits at a time. It does get better, I promise!! I never have nausea now, at all.

I started my pre-op early and have had a couple of days recently, that I thought I'd lose it. I suspect it is withdrawal but the weight loss is keeping me going. I do look forward to NOT feeling hungry after surgery. By starting early, I had to take my insulin pump off!! So far today I've not needed any insulin. Yippee!!

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

I started my pre-op early and have had a couple of days recently, that I thought I'd lose it. I suspect it is withdrawal but the weight loss is keeping me going. I do look forward to NOT feeling hungry after surgery. By starting early, I had to take my insulin pump off!! So far today I've not needed any insulin. Yippee!!

Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

Hi Kathleen! Congrats on not needing your insulin pump! That's AMAZING! I had my surgery on Friday the 16th, and have done very well. I'm still on the same liquid diet, but it's not so bad now...the first 3 days, I had no appetite at all. Today, I've been drinking my shakes and broth, and feel content. Good luck on your surgery! I hope you have continued success.

Kathleen how much weight did you lose in the Pre-Op Liquid diet?