kkmonroe79

Liquid Diet

So, tomorrow I begin my liquid diet. I'm pretty nervous and excited at the same time. I can have slim fast or atkins shakes (at least 3 per day), broth, s.f. jello, s.f. popsicles, sugar free drinks (minus anything with carbination). Oh, and water of course. Does that sound about right to everyone? They didn't really give me a limit on how much I could have - except the 3 shakes. I'm sure I'll be back here for moral support once it starts. :) I just keep thinking...liquids = 1 week til surgery! YAY!

Sounds just like my instructions and I had to do that for 2 weeks prior to surgery, I never felt deprived because if I wanted something I could have it. The first couple of days were rough because I think because of the calorie intake but other than that it was not bad. I cheated a couple of times. I ate a bite or two if baked chicken. I recorded everything I ate or drank on myfitnesspal including the cheats and my surgeon was happy with the 12 pounds I lost prior to surgery. Good luck with it and best wishes for your surgery!

Thank you Sakinah! I'm very excited. :)

i start the liquid diet on monday... im really dreading it.

I've started the liquid diet 2 days ago. I will not lie it has been hard. Thank God for this site I would not know what to do with out it

It was hard...but I feel like it was so worth it now. :)

i was not told anything had to be sugar free i feel i should call my DR now

It seems to me just about every office is different. I was allowed 1 yogurt or tomato soup a day all the protien shakes I could get in me trust me you get tired of them fast. as much sugar free jello  as i wanted, diet tea water I had to do it for 2 weeks . i got enough protien shakes in me I really wasent hungry but I really missed food . I wrote everything down i had to keep track of protein and then on the side i wrote down what food i was craving that daylol

Ugggg  I am on day 3 of my protein shakes.  They are horrible !  I've thrown up at least once a day.  I really thought that I would look forward to my shake time but I dread it.  I don't understand why some doctors have their patients on just protein shakes, water etc. and some are allowed soups, broths, jello, etc.  I would give anything for a taste of soup right now.....want to cheat but trying hard not to

I started my liquid diet last Friday. My surgery is next Friday. It's not easy but I am trying to hang in there.