Wicked

15 month post op - not losing anymore weight

Hi I'm 15 month post op...

I've lost around 115lbs and I haven't lost anymore since about 5 months ago :/

It's very depressing since I'm still obese and I wish to be around 160lbs... I'm currently 240.

I went from a size 28 to a 16-18 right now.

What can I do?

I walk 2 hours a day, my diet is okay, I still only drink water and avoid caffiene and things like that. I get enough vitamins and protein...

I'm losing hope that I'll ever be out of the 200s.

What should I do? :/ I don't want to be fat anymore

I know you're frustrated- Maybe change things up some? Switch to another form of exercise for a while, then alternate walking and other stuff? Our bodies get used to a certain routine, ergo our metabolism does, too.

When I was stuck, I upped the protein and instead of walking, I'd do some type of cardio for a couple of weeks. Then I'd alternate the walking with the elliptical, etc.

Just a suggestion..............it stinks to be "stuck"...oh, also you might want to have your labs checked. Thyroid issues seem to be a common concern and can really sabotage our weight loss.

Good luck!

Nancy

Do the 5 day pouch test thats wht im doing! :D

I was going to suggest the same thing steph did. It's something I need to look into, as well. I'm still losing inches, but haven't lost weight for several months either.

I know how frustrating it is to be in a stall but you are still in the weight loss (honeymoon) period. What has your surgeon said about this? You need to kick start things again. Evaluate honestly what you are doing now and change it since it isn't working now. If you usually eat all your meals and have snacks you could try doing 2 meals as high quality (whey isolate) protein drinks in skim milk or protein bars ( as long as not too much sugar). Be very mindful of how much you are eating and what you eat. In our plan no carbs other than veggies advised forever but certainly not until all weight is lost. If you aren't measuring or weighing your food so you know exactly what you take in. I still usually only eat one meal a day and if I eat twice I miss my shake. Are you still eating your protein first? You should get a minimum of 109 gms of protein a day. See this study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21925961 it was done by my surgeon and team and I know it has helped me and others in his practice reach our ideal body weight. I still get 100gms a day and my protein levels are normal. I feel so much better when I get this much. Add things to your shakes to make them yummy like sf pudding mix. Also you need your fluids if you aren't getting 48-60 oz a day minimum up your calorie free fluids.

At my 2 week appt my surgeon told me an exercise program he wanted me to do which I did but had misunderstood him. I was supposed to start at 2.0 mph and each min increase .1mph for 10 increases then go back to starting point. Do this 3-4 times. Each week increase starting speed by .1 - .2 mph. I did an incline but he didn't care about that(he does now). It worked so much better than what I was doing. I had been walking more than 1 1/2 miles a day at 3 mph but when I did this I lost 15 lbs in about 3 weeks.

My surgeon would love your attitude! He gets upset when new patients come in and their surgeons didn't have their ideal body weight as their goal weight. I know you are feeling discouraged but I hope you feel proud of how far you have come. You started out at a high weight. I'm sure you feel a lot better physically and if you want this don't give up it may take a little longer but you can get there! If I had more to lose I would still be doing what my md said and not eating anything with high calories or snacks. My best friend had me doing a mental imaging daily that was about what I expected my life to be like after I had reached my ideal weight. Whenever I wanted to mentally beat myself up I thought of it and as crazy as it sounds I began reassuring my body that it was ok to lose weight and I understood how it was scary because it was so traumatized. It helped a lot and I'm sure it worked. Stress holds back your weight loss so changing how you react mentally can aid in weight loss. Heck they say your mind can cure cancer so why not use it to beat the pounds! Good luck you will get there! Try to keep your spirits up and be good to yourself.

For some reason, I could not open the link to the clinical study (I'm a nurse and I'm all about some research, tee hee)...states page does not exist......maybe it was operator error (me)!

Could you post it again?

Thanks!

Nancy