June 2012 Updates?

Yep, still here, still plowing through. My weight loss has slowed, and I am three pounds from goal. These last stinking five pounds are a bear, but I will admit to not working out. My energy level plummeted when cheer season started. The 5:00am workouts, then teaching all day, practices or games....I was exhausted. I miss it!! Absolutely need to get back at it.

How are thing going with you?

Howdy Junebugs!

Still here and doing well. I hit my goal (and even went past it) in mid January. Still can't believe the slim woman I see in the mirror each day and that I can wear such tiny sizes of NICE clothes. I even have a gap between my legs. I have NEVER had that before. It's so cool, I feel like this body belongs to someone else and I just get to "test drive" it. I am sure it will feel more like me one day, but for now I am enjoying this crazy ride.

Now I am at goal, the temptation is to "relax" and not be as vigilant. So I stay on the forum here to remind me every day how far I have come, and that I DO need to remain committed, make the right choices and not get complacent.

My health is paramount and the primary reason for doing this. And I am pleased to say I feel better than ever before. I have even been able to stop my anti-depressant meds (with my Dr's approval) and with the exception of my daily vitamins, I am absolutely medication free for the first time in almost 10 years.

The other good news is my hair loss has stopped and I have thousands of new hairs about an inch long all over my head, so no more big scalp gaps can be seen!!!!

June 25th here - I'm doing pretty well, about 25lbs from goal but the weight loss has really slowed down, will have to work harder from here on out I think. I'm sooo glad I had the surgery - my life is completely different (in the best way possible) and I wouldn't go back to being that heavy, unhappy woman for anything!

I'm new here so I hope you don't mind me joining! I had the sleeve surgery done on June 25th. I'm down 85lbs since surgery. I have had some serious stalls. I just upped my cals to see if that helps. What does an average day look like for ya'll?

Welcome Kelley!! And congrats on your losses!!

My average days are pretty boring....still getting my protein (80-100g) in and trying to stop the carbs creeping back in (so far so good, but it is a daily conscious effort). I fluctuate on being REALLY good with my fluids and days when I could do better....thankfully my lips seem to dry out immediately if I am forgetful (like when I am super busy at work) so that reminds me I need to get back on the water wagon!

I keep up with my vitamins and feel like rubbish if I miss a day, but have never missed more than one day and that was on vacation. I seem to have no significant problems with my pouch now (I had ulcers at about 4-5 months out and that was horrible) and can pretty much eat or drink anything - within reason, I have not tried fast food or ice-cream/cake etc! - in small quantities. But I know my limits and my danger areas, so just cos I can doesn't mean I do!  

The rest is all....pretty damn normal really. Oh, except for my new love of shopping. Gooooood looorddd that is starting to be my new obsession! ;)

How about you Kelley? How is life with the sleeve?

• 3 months later...

Hey where are all the Surgi-versary updates!? I thought I blew it cos I am 9 days late and yet still the first here ;) 

Mine will be coming up in a couple of weeks - will post w/pics!

SWEET!!!  :D  I can't wait! Your ticker is AMAZING...127lbs??? 

Pffft, you are half the woman you used to be  ;)  in a GOOD way! xo

Looking forward to your update!

OK....since I have officially passed my Surgi-versary (very uneventfully, last weekend on my own I might add!) and mine was 1st of the month I should probably go first...

LIFE IS GOOD!

Shockingly, I made it to the 1 year and am still holding strong below goal but at a weight that feels good for me and that I don't have to do too much to maintain...

I definitely don't recognise the girl in the mirror that seems to be all collarbones and delicateness....and then I see photos and still think I am too fat....but I guess that makes me normal for about 90% of women  :P  I must admit to being one of those people that really fooled themselves in the mirror thinking they were still looking good for YEARS and avoided photos for horrific reality check, I guess I still have the "skinny mirror/fat photo" syndrome...

I think I may be retarded or something cos I can't work out how to post pics, so will have to do it in the proper gallery I guess  :( (not really one for public displays so I would have preferred to keep it here with my June peeps!)

The only thing I am struggling with at the moment is alcohol.....I am getting *slightly* worried that it may be my transfer addiction...I always liked a glass of wine or three for as long as I can remember...but I do notice I am drawn to it a wee bit more these days...for now it is OK....but I have to be VERY vigilant, and I am.

I still think this surgery was the single best decision I ever made for myself....and worth every penny I paid (self-pay). I would do it again in a nano-second given the same circumstances. I still wish I had not let it get that far...but I did. And I am proud that I did something about it and made the right choice for my health in every area (Not just physically, I was totally crippled with suicidal depression for 7 years before.....but not a single episode in 11 months and counting)

Anyway, there is no fairytale ending, but I am overwhelmed with gratitude that I am HERE and HAPPY

^^I can relate to you in many ways. The alcohol, posting pics, depression. We have a lot in common! Anyway, I just wanted to say congrats. You look fab!!

• 1 year later...

How the heck is everyone from our little June 2012 Club? 

Hoping you are all well and loving life!

I have gained a couple of kilos (ok...3), and have moved back home to Australia (which could be responsible for the 3kg gain!), but otherwise doing fabulous-o

Would love to hear from anyone in our group, and especially if there is anyone struggling with transfer addictions 

xxx

Edited by Bombshelle