Pirata

Just registered For new 5k run

I registered for the Toys for Tot's 5k run on Thanksgiving day. It will be my first official race running with my daughter in a running stroller. My wife and I will do the race together. We were planning on doing a 10 miler at Langley in Dec but keeping our daughter out in the December cold for 2 - 2:30 would be bad for her so we opted for shorter 5 - 10k runs with her until the warmer days of the spring.

It's so cool your passion for running is becoming a family affair! Best of luck to all of you!

It's kind of funny, the last race we did together we found out she was pregnant right after. I hope this is not the case this time. Being the Father of two teenagers and a baby and doing all of the exercise I do is a bit much for me.

This is so inspirational. My husband does triathlons too. This sunday is my first 5k and he will run it with me for support. I am looking forward to it!

What a great roll model you both are for your kids!

My 16 year old daughter ran her first 5k last week at the Detroit Marathon. she did surprisingly well. I opened my big mouth and I told her that I would run it with her next year. ULP. She won't forget.

Good for you! I hope you have a great time, after all, isn't that what this is about, enjoying life?

I registered for the Toys for Tot's 5k run on Thanksgiving day. It will be my first official race running with my daughter in a running stroller. My wife and I will do the race together. We were planning on doing a 10 miler at Langley in Dec but keeping our daughter out in the December cold for 2 - 2:30 would be bad for her so we opted for shorter 5 - 10k runs with her until the warmer days of the spring.

My 16 year old daughter ran her first 5k last week at the Detroit Marathon. she did surprisingly well. I opened my big mouth and I told her that I would run it with her next year. ULP. She won't forget.

What incredible role models you guys are now for your families!!

I have given up on ever running competitively, but I cannot wait to drag my family to join me in walking plenty of 5 and 10Ks after my hip replacement. And my son is sooo excited about being able to hike again!

Don't forget to give all the details so I can use you to keep up my motivation (and courage while I face this hip thing next month!)

What incredible role models you guys are now for your families!!

I have given up on ever running competitively, but I cannot wait to drag my family to join me in walking plenty of 5 and 10Ks after my hip replacement. And my son is sooo excited about being able to hike again!

Don't forget to give all the details so I can use you to keep up my motivation (and courage while I face this hip thing next month!)

BGDM

Wow at hip replacement! Your so young for that!

You will feel so much better after:) Wishing you a speedy recovery! Whats the date?

I just did the 5k Indy Monumental walk and I am a little under a month Post-op.. and I feel great.. You can do it.

BGDM

Wow at hip replacement! Your so young for that!

You will feel so much better after:) Wishing you a speedy recovery! Whats the date?

Thanks for the well wishes! I am starting to get excited, looking forward to less pain and more mobility... and hoping to get rid of my limp. Yep, I have felt like an old bag telling people I have to have a hip replacement. Lately, my doc has wanted me to use a cane and I am too vain to do it (although I'm sure limping around at a snail's pace and moaning loudly doesn't make me seem any younger). And my walker just came in the mail, now THAT made me feel old. Surgery is scheduled for Nov. 27... getting nervous...