isuche02

Any one else have a hard time waiting?

Now that I have a date, I am having a terrible time waiting.

I just want to get the surgery done and over with and on to the next challenge. I am ready to see some results.

Is anyone else getting impatient waiting? Any advice on how to manage my slight obsession right now?

I was so where you are. Now I am four weeks out and can't believe it has went this fast.

My suggestions are to start healthy habits now. Don't drink at least 30 minutes before or after a meal, eliminate soft drinks, limit rice, bread, and pasta.

Get your house in order as far as cleaning, setting up an area where things are within reach for after surgery, buy vitamins and start taking them.

Read on here and around the net, it will be here before you know it.

Good luck to you.

I'm so not a patient person either! I hope we can find things to pass the time! :)

I'm having real hard time with the wait too. I've had a surgery date since September. I scheduled farther out so it would be a slower time at work. Now I regret that. This has only given my family more time to voice their doubts and concerns, which has led to me starting to doubt myself! Anyone else having second thoughts?

Not yet but sometimes they creep in there for a few minutes at a time. Right now I seem to be able to squash them pretty quickly.

No one has said much to me about it yet and I am glad. It would be 10 times more difficult if people started questioning my decision.

I'm not having any second thoughts but my family definitely gives me a lot of their opinions... I try to just ignore them and know that I've done the research, and they haven't.

My stomach is all full of nerves. I try to calm myself by thinking of how i'm going to look later. I can't remember what a smaller me looks like. I've got dimples that seem to come out whenever my face losses some weight. Though I often kick myself for playing it. I know i'm going to have a saggy stomach, arms and thighs. I've lived in England for awhile and remember a news story about a girl who has WLS and hated it. She said she felt better about herself with the fat rather than the saggy skin. Does anyone else worry about this? I want to be one of the lucky bunch who's skin tightens enough that it doesn't look horrible. I like the thought of having confidence for not being so overweight but fear the thought of being more self-conscience about my skin.

Edited by Button Moon

I am so glad others feel the exact same way I do...my surgery date is 11/26 and my pre-op diet starts 11/12. I am really starting to get anxious!..I am ready to have it done and move on with the healing. The surgeon is advising 6 weeks off for work so the thought of having that much time off with pay during the holidays also makes me a bit excited!!..I am also dealing with the opinions of family but I feel confident I have made the right decision for myself and my life.

I worry about the skin too. I know I will have saggy skin. I am already in need of a tummy tuck just due to having twins. I can't believe how saggy my stomach is with all this extra weight, I am scared to see it when the weight is gone.

I am already planning on having plastic surgery next year. My goal is to go one year and then get the plastic surgeries to look as close to normal as I can. I understand I will never be a supermodel but I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. I am not worried about scars from the surgery at all - I am not trying to be perfect, just not folds and folds of extra skin.

The disconnect between what my mind thinks I look like and what I actually look like cause many issues for me. I go to the mirror expecting to see the person I feel like but instead I see someone I don't recognize and I am not proud of. I am very embarrassed about what I look like. What keeps me motivated is someday (it may be a year or more out) I will look in the mirror and see the person I know I am.