Sign in to follow this  
JadeEye975

serious congestion 4 days before surgery. Oh no!

After jumping through hoops to get approval before my employer changes insurance in November, I heard the magic words last week: "you're approved." I couldn't believe that I was finally going to get the lap band. So my surgery date is the 18th (this coming Thursday), I race through all of the medical clearance testing requirements and am set to go as of last Friday. Then, this weekend I got a bad head cold that decides to settle in my chest. I read a lot of comments and decided I needed to do the safe and healthy thing, so I went to my doctor, got a presecription for antibiotics, and now I'm waiting to hear from my surgeon's office if there is still any hope of going forward as planned. I haven't had any fever and (sorry to be gross) any discharge has been clear which I know are good signs. My worry is that I am wheezing a bit and still coughing. If I have to delay surgery and can't get it done in October, it means a two year wait because of the insurance we are changing to. I am a little panicked, but trying to rest and be good to my body. Could this whole process be any more stressful? Wish me luck and speedy health!

Sooo - Were you able to have your surgery? How did it go!!! I hope you are doing well! :)