lisak

November surgeries?

Nope they didn't say anything about no red dyes for me! I don't even have to do a liquid diet at all, which is weird.. Just the day before after 12 I can't eat or drink anything. That won't be fun though because my sugery is not until 3:00.. eek!

Just a side note though, I do have a class in addition to the pre-op I have to do on the 13th. That may be when they explain all that I don't know.

Happy Halloween to me today. I finally got my date. It's November 27 YAYY!!!

I got my date yesterday, Nov 27th. also! My doctor doesn't schedule the week of Thanksgiving. No pre-op liquid diet for me, just the day before.

I will ask tomorrow at weigh-in about the insurance approval but the girls at the clinic said it could take up to two weeks. So I won't know for sure until then.

Trying hard to stay positive about this, with people thinking they are helping by telling me about complications! <_< Ya, and I could get run over by a truck tomorrow too! :P Rambling, I know!

Good luck to us all!

Hello all~

November 26th for me, that makes 3 of us!

Never thought I'd get to make this post :D

Tentative surgery date of 11/26/12, once insurance gives approval it's go time! Keeping my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed haha

Have my fingers crossed for those of you waiting for approval! Hope it comes soon and you can continue with the surgery dates as planned! Mine took a little longer, but honestly it would have been quicker had the bariatric coordinator not been out the first week, and then the medical director out the second week! :)

Hi everyone!

I am here too. My surgery is scheduled for Nov 20th, ironically two days before Thanksgiving. I find it kind of funny b/c it is the first time in my entire life I won't be able to over do it on this holiday. :)

I am hoping my sugery gets moved up though. I am on a wait list that if someone cancels, I will get to move up.

Hi everyone!

I am here too. My surgery is scheduled for Nov 20th, ironically two days before Thanksgiving. I find it kind of funny b/c it is the first time in my entire life I won't be able to over do it on this holiday. :)

I am hoping my sugery gets moved up though. I am on a wait list that if someone cancels, I will get to move up.

My surgery date is set for Nov. 20th as well... 16 days from now

I am nov 7th, 2 days away..

18 days to go!! This wait is killing me lol

Approval received!! So happy to get that voice mail, I cried :D

Pre-op is on Monday, Surgery is a go 11/26. So close and yet, still feels so far away.

Got quite a few of us with surgery on the 26th. 15 days to go by the way (yes, I'm counting down...)

Anyone else stressing out like I am about something happening to mess up the surgery? I'm afraid that when I go to my pre-op on Tuesday, I'll have gained weight or something and they will cancel. Or maybe my blood work will find vitamin issues or something. I'm such a worrier... I hope everything goes smoothly!!!

Monday I start my preop liquid diet. Tuesday is my preop appt. Then one week until surgery. I am more freaking out about the one week preop diet. It is going to be hard! I just keep trying to convince myself I can do this (the preop diet). I am less worried about surgery and after - I have no idea why. This preop diet has got me stressed but it is making it start to feel like a reality though.

What is everyone else doing for there liquid diet? Are you on one yet?

What is everyone else doing for there liquid diet? Are you on one yet?

I've been on the pre-op diet for a week so far. I use five protein shakes a day with as many low starch veggies as I want. I can also have broth, sugar free jello, and a small amount of olive oil.

Edited by lisak

I've been on my all liquid diet since Tuesday. It's been hard. My daughters birthday was Wednesday and her party is tomorrow. Halloween candy is everywhere. I'd sell a child for a scrambled egg. I've lost 10 pounds since Tueaday and still have more than a week left.

Edited to add I get 4 1/2 low carb slim fast and all the water and sugar free jello and Popsicles I want (just not red).

Edited by jenniferinwv

I actually don't have to do a pre-op diet at all before my surgery. I guess I got lucky on that one.

My surgery is at 9 am tomorrow morning! I am on my clear liquids today and drank the bottle of magnesium citrate. Sticking around the house while it decides to work. I am not feeling too nervous right now, just antsy more than anything. I need to take my before pics and take my measurements this afternoon, as well as pack for the hospital. I wouldn't mind taking a nap,but I am afraid that it might make it hard for me to sleep tonight. I just wish the day would speed up!

My surgery is at 9 am tomorrow morning! I am on my clear liquids today and drank the bottle of magnesium citrate. Sticking around the house while it decides to work. I am not feeling too nervous right now, just antsy more than anything. I need to take my before pics and take my measurements this afternoon, as well as pack for the hospital. I wouldn't mind taking a nap,but I am afraid that it might make it hard for me to sleep tonight. I just wish the day would speed up!

I am so excited for you. I still have 8 days and I can hardly wait. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I am wishing you a speedy pain free recovery.

Haley-

I hope your surgery went well. I'm sure it did. Let me know how you are doing when you're feeling up to it. I have my surgery on Friday 11/16, so just a couple of days away. Feeling excited and very nervous. Wishing you a very speedy recovery!

For those of you who have already had / having surgery very soon, I hope all is well and good luck! Let us know as soon as you are up to it how everything went!

I went to my pre-op stuff yesterday, it was such a long day and I had quite the headache afterwards! I had classes in the morning, met with the nurse and then the surgeon. Then I had to drive for about 45 minutes to the hospital I'm having surgery at. It's a VERY nice hospital, was happy about that. Got my blood work and chest xray done. It's kind of a big deal to me because that is literally the last step till surgery. No more appointments until the day of surgery!

The originally had me scheduled for 3:00pm surgery on the 26th, but luckily got it moved up to 10:30am. It was going to be hard to go all that time with nothing to eat or drink. How is everyone feeling, anyone getting nervous like me?

My surgery is on Friday...eeek! I've been on a liquid diet since last Friday. I'm have to have at least 3 Atkins shakes a day, broth, crystal light, S.F. Jello and popsicles. That's about it. It's not been to bad...especially since there is an end is sight! Best of luck to everyone!!

Le gasp! Cleveland Clinic just called and said on Tuesday I need to be there at 7:30 for my surgery at 9:30. Suddenly (despite the liquid diet) it's become very, VERY real!

I am right there with you. I will be at the hospital around 8am for surgery at noon on Tuesday!!! Getting so close now.