lisak

November surgeries?

Am I the first with a November surgery date? I scheduled kind of far out because it will be easier for me to take time off work then.

Congratulations on being our first November WLS Lisa.

It won't be long before others will be joining you.

Will you have to do a pre-op diet of some kind?

I'm meeting with the dietitian tonight, so I guess I'll find out about pre-op diet then. For now, I'm still following the diet I did for the 6-month requirement for my insurance. I have 4 protein shakes/bars per day and one meal. I also get as many lo-starch veggies as I want and 2-3 servings of fruit a day.

Hi Lisa, my doctor gave me an estimated Novmber date too. What kind of protein shakes are you using? Have you tried the Bariatric Advantage kind? They had samples at my seminar.

Hi Staci,

The shakes I'm using are from my doctor's office. They have the clinics label on the box, but the packets just say protein meal replacement. So, I'm not sure who makes them. They are only 100 calories with 15 grams of protein.

I wish I could tell you who makes them because they taste pretty good!

I am scheduled for Nov 12! :D

My surgery is scheduled for the 29th! Seems like forever away, yet is kinda coming up quick... just nervous about insurance although my dr. assures me it should be fine! Glad to meet more people on the november losers bench! :)

I'm scheduled for the 5th though it may end up the 6th. Since I have to travel for the surgery I'm still waiting on details like when my pre and post op appointments will be.

Hi guys I will be Nov 30, 2012

Hi everyone!

I am here too. My surgery is scheduled for Nov 20th, ironically two days before Thanksgiving. I find it kind of funny b/c it is the first time in my entire life I won't be able to over do it on this holiday. :)

I am hoping my sugery gets moved up though. I am on a wait list that if someone cancels, I will get to move up.

I'm in Canada...my surgery date is Nov 19...waiting 28 months and moved 2 provinces away so have to travel but it will be well worth the wait...

Forgot to update here...my surgery is the 7th, my pre-op is the 6th. We're driving down to San Diego on the 5th and driving back on the 15th or 16th.

Ugh, they rescheduled my pre-op, its now Oct 29 so I have to fly down the 28th and stay overnight. :P

Hi everyone-Just got my date confirmed yesterday...November 7th!!! My wife and I are flying into Dallas on the 6th. Ill be returning to work on the following Monday....

I'm scheduled for surgery Nov 6th. Flying to FL on Halloween and staying with my mom for a couple of weeks for recovery.

I expect to be scheduled for the 12th after my upper GI scope on Friday - it is going to be here before I know it!

I am Nov 30---->>>

I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet tomorrow.. So excited and scared right now. x_x

I start my 2 week pre-op liquid diet tomorrow.. So excited and scared right now. x_x

What is your pre-op diet?

I have already noticed lots of differences between the different dr's.

3 x protein shakes a day for meals. They gave me a long list of approved ones.. I settled on Jay Robb Whey Protein to make myself at home and probably buy a Muscle Milk premade at work for lunch for the 1 week preop that I'm still working.

Between meals I can have a long list of liquids.. essentially anything non carbonated, no caffeine, and non/low sugar. Giving up diet coke and caffeinated coffee might be the hardest part of this whole thing for me.

My date is on 11/5. I start my preop liquid diet next week!

I am scheduled for Nov. 26th. Pre-op class and PAT on the 20th. Soooooo excited!!! :)

I am happy to know there are others on here in November. I found out yesterday I was approved and my surgery date is 11/13 and my pre-op appointment for the pre-op diet is today. I am starting to feel really nervous.

I just got my surgery date today and it is 11/26. Such a lonnnnggg time to go!

My surgery is November 20th at Cleveland Clinic. I've got to do the same hateful liquid diet only as Centech. Did they also tell you no red dyes? No orange or red sugar free jello or no cherry drop-ins in water. I'm having my lap-band removed and a revision to RNY, hopefully all laproscopic.