LisaM

Taking control BACK

Ha! Told ya so ;-) Congrats!

D.

Down to 172 this morning... and not because I've been watching what I eat at all. Apparently there was something about all this that has reset my pouch. My capacity AND my appetite are way down from where they were pre-op. And while it's a hard way to do it, I'm really glad for this side effect! Finally get to start working out again (yes, gently) on Monday. The surgeon said I could get back on the elliptical, starting at no more than 15 minutes, and NO LIFTING until like the end of February. Anything is better than watching my posterior slide down the back of my legs again.

Finally exercised yesterday for the first time since the emergency surgery. 15 minutes on the elliptical, and then a few minutes on the stairmaster, and honey, I was DONE. But I did it. And it was a start... and I'm starting to come back. It ain't all beer and skittles... but I'm getting there.

45 minutes total today... starting to come back. Now where did I put those pain pills? lol!

Oops! Just saw that I didn't log in last week! I'm down to 207.8, which is about a 4 pound loss since my last log in, but it still feels so slow. and I'm B O R E D with the treadmill, which is tempting me to slack. I need to find some ways to mix it up. I picked treadmill because it's here at the house. I don't have to get out in the cold, I don't have to fit it into gym hours, and I can wear pajamas :) Maybe it's time to add in the strength training. Four pounds in two weeks is right on track, but when you look at the scale and it goes up, then down .2, then up, then down .4, then up..... it feels like your swimming backwards. This week it has stayed the same for days then suddenly I had a 2 pound loss. Go figure.

These are the tough times when it's easy to quit. Lisa is my hero. I'll stick to it. If Lisa can stick to it after all this, I can too.

Danielle

Am sticking. Come heck or high water. However, so is my pouch. When I said the surgery reset my pouch, I meant it. Just finished throwing up AGAIN. Have to start chewing everything to death again; this is the second time something's got stuck since the surgery, and my incision DOES NOT LIKE IT when I upchuck.

I think it may have reset my gut completely. I didn't have to start taking laxatives until just the last couple years, when Kel turned me on to Miralax, and it helped set things right--well now it's pushing things too far the other direction, and it's time to start lowering that dose down to get my gut back to regularity on its own. Every time I think I get things right, my body changes the rules.

Still - very, VERY happy with 172, and if I can get down to 169 by 3 Feb, and right on track for a pound a week across five months... wish me luck. Back to the oval office for the next round. *sigh* There are worse things.

Down to 171 this morning, and yet another episode of food getting stuck today... its like the surgery or not having any food for four days or SOMEthing about all this has reset everything back to about my one year mark. not complaining... just saying, I think this is why folks do the 5 day pouch test. It's seriously weird, but welcome, I think.

Edited by LisaM

I still struggle to get meals in a day.....breakfast and dinner. And hi Lisa my surgery buddy!

Hi, Lisa!

Seems like only yesterday I was watching you sweat out getting surgery done up there in the frozen north... :) And then watching your incredibly beautiful face emerge more clearly in every picture! Can't believe you're nearly seven years out, and that it's been that long for me.

There was some part of me that thought seven years ago, "I just want to be normal." But what I've found, even with the recent hiccups, is that normal is over-rated. I'm so much happier than "normal", because I know what unhappy feels like--and this ain't it. :) Love my life, girl, especially when old friends walk back into it!

Hope all's well with you and yours.

I still struggle to get meals in a day.....breakfast and dinner. And hi Lisa my surgery buddy!

Went all the way up Washington's Olympic Peninsula Saturday, then all the way home on Sunday, so19 hours sitting in a vehicle the last couple days. Even with all that, am still at 172 this morning, on my "official" weigh-in day, Monday. Glad it's a holiday for me, time to play a little catch-up on cleaning, etc., around the house.

TMI Warning, turn away if you're squeamish about bodily functions: Still watching my gut reset itself - no Miralax yesterday, and was regular without it. My gut seems to be in about a 12-hour cycle between mouth and points south, if you'll pardon the expression. That is at least twice as fast as things were moving beforehand--if not four times faster on occasion. Am also still trying very hard to stay hydrated--dehydration is a big no-no if you're struggling with constipation, or for that matter, kidney stones. Getting enough liquid in will always matter. A lot. One thing we can't ever ignore is liquid intake.

However, on that note, there's another weird thing after the emergency surgery that was exactly one month ago yesterday--I can drink water now without it making me feel urky. As soon as I was allowed ice water in the hospital, I was all over it, didn't even think about it, just started drinking quarts of it. Beginning 7 years and 4 months ago, literally starting the day after my gastric bypass, I was uncomfortable with drinking plain water. It didn't exactly hurt, it just made me feel like something hit my pouch with a fist from the inside, a really awful kind of feeling. I can now drink plain water.... it not only doesn't hurt, it's very satisfying again.

Watching all the changes with a kind of awe... our bodies are a miraculous marvel of engineered chaos... kind of wonderful. :)

Been at the hospital this week with my daughter. She ended up having some surgery. Had limited time on the treadmill and lost only 1/2 pound this week, but it's not a gain! Slow times can be frustrating, but they aren't failure. It's still a move in the right direction :)

Danielle

Been at the hospital this week with my daughter. She ended up having some surgery. Had limited time on the treadmill and lost only 1/2 pound this week, but it's not a gain! Slow times can be frustrating, but they aren't failure. It's still a move in the right direction :)

Danielle

Good for you! Excellent attitude! Every little bit counts and when times get tough, we have to be kind to ourselves. (If only I could take my own advice as often as I give it :P)

Back again... :) Probably gained some weight, but won't jump on the scale until tomorrow.  Have frankly been off the reservation diet-wise for at least a month.  No excuses, even though there's plenty to be had.  Just getting back on the horse today.  Started tracking my calories again today.  Will weigh in tomorrow, since it's Monday. I began this last Labor Day, September 3. 

So today is exactly five months, tomorrow =22 weeks.  That should have been 22 pounds, but will more likely come in at about 14 pounds tomorrow morning.  That comes out around 2/3 of a pound a week average, or 2 pounds every 3 weeks.  If I can sustain that as an average until this upcoming Labor Day, it will put me just about where I want me... between 150 and 155 pounds.  That's where I'm comfortable, that's where I can eat reasonable amounts of reasonable foods and not feel deprived.  That's the goal. 

See the doc on Tuesday for the final follow-up on the surgery.  If I don't chew things well, they still are getting stuck--which is actually really good for me.  Forcing me to slow down, chew well, which means I'm thinking about what's going in my stomach, which means I recognize when I'm full more quickly. :)  Hopefully, he'll release me to start back to weights, although he originally did say end of February. 

With his permission I'm back up to more than 45 minutes three days a week on the elliptical and stair master, but no weights yet.  So nice to be moving again...  Off to the races, boys and girls. Time to rock this house...

Lisa and Danielle~you are both way overdue for a check in. Hope all is well. ;)

Lisa and Danielle~you are both way overdue for a check in. Hope all is well. ;)