Surgery In September 2012

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a cancellation today my date is the 8th sept , scared and excited starting pre op doet tomorrow (23rd aug)

This is so exciting for us all o can't wait to discuss with you all after how its going x

This just in.....September 19 yay me!!!!!!

Just to let you all know i have started a thread for us september oppers to have somewhere to all chat , share experainces how were getting on etc

Sept. 8th now on liquid only for 1 week -one more to go. I am so excited to see all the Sept surgs here- what great support for us all

Good luck everyone- We deserve this

Looking back through this, I see several of us are up tomorrow! Good luck everyone and I'll see you all on the loser's bench!!

Well I am suppose to have surgery on the 28th but they called to cancel said that I might have it the 26th instead! I am frustrated since I have no clue what is going on! hope it is soon since I have already had Pre-OP

Home and doing as well as expected. In a bit of pain, but meds help. Just took a hot shower at 2 am and it helped too. Hope to hear from some others.

Mine was on the first..first night in hospital was uncomfortable..chest felt heavy (gas) and my back was sore from the bed..after 5 days came home..no more meds..now just at home healing..resting..walks around the house..today (day7) walked around the block -needed fresh air..am using a spanx type top to keep me feeling supported (I didn't get a binder)..feeling ok..sometimes sad about food though I have to admit..seeing ppl eat on tv makes me sad but I heard once off of liquids and can eat healthy foods this feeling will go away..I hope so :)

Well, I came home this evening. The first night kind of stunk as my back was really sore...the nurses told me that almost everyone says that because of all the time on that horrible hard operating table. Did great the day of surgery and the next day, and then moved from ICU to the main surgical ward. The nurses there did not keep up on my anti-nausea meds so I spend that night and most of the next morning puking...ugh. My doc ended up ordering about 3 different anti-nausea meds to get it back under control. Finally it worked and I was able to get some more liquids in me so that the dr felt okay with me going home. The good news is, the pain is not bad at all. I quit hitting the pain pump when I started feeling nauseous and have been doing fine without. I may take a dose of the Roxicet before bed just to help me get a better night sleep, but haven't decided for sure yet. I do still have the gas pains that I can't seem to shake. I've tried walking every hour or so and I've tried gas-x strips and nothing has worked so far. Hoping it goes away on it's own soon!

Glad to be hearing about everyone else's successful experiences as well!!