Xeniak

Finally its happened to me :)

so for the past few days i have been having these cramps and feeling weird.. my husband and i decided to get pregnancy test since we have been trying ... so BOOM as soon as i peed on it it gave me two lines (positive).....

I'm freaking out a little bit.. we've been married 9 years and finally i'm pregnant. If some of you guys know my story it was the fertility clinic that told me about GB because i was so huge they thought it was my weight that was THE problem...

I am so excited, so nervous, so scared that i did bad things already these past few weeks i have been on vacation and acting like a kid with drinks and a few social smokes.. i hope the baby will be ok.. i think i'm only 6 weeks in.

I'm 1 year 9 months post op and Pregnant and i want to tell the world but we will wait a little until we do a second test... i know i should wait until i'm supposed to wait until i'm 3 months pregnant but i dont think i can wait to tell people lol

any advice? .. i know i have already messed up the past few weeks as to what i should have been doing .. i havent even been good about my vitamins (i know i know..) but i will start a system to get that back on track and i wont smoke or drink again until the baby is born.....so scared i already messed my baby up.. but so excited... its happened to me...

Let me start by saying congrats baby's are great (I have a 4 month old) second don't worry about the drinking etc you didn't know, just make sure that you don't do it anymore. When I was first pregnant with my youngest I went to my high school reunion and acted like I was in high school with all the drinks I consumed. My baby turned out just great. I also didn't know I was pregnant at the time. We had only been trying for a week when I got pregnant. Again congrats!!!!!

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Don't worry about the past few weeks, take care of yourself and let your physician know as soon as possible in case you have to do extra things to have a healthy baby after GBS!

I agree with the others, dont worry about the last 6 weeks... people have done a LOT owrse & their babies are fine... Id make an appointment with OB/GYN asap to confirm by blood test..get a better EDD and make sure things are progressing well.... the post-op vitamins you've been taking will likely be enough during pregnany....they may have ya increase folic acid...

CONGRATS!!

thankyou so much girls :) i am so happy to hear some reassurance i am not messing him up already :) I am so excited ... i know i should wait telling people but i already started telling my immediate family

Congrats!!!

That's so great. I also want to say not to worry about this last week - my sister-in-law didn't know she was pregnant until she was 6 months along and had been drinking and the baby was fine. (she was on BCP's and had to use fertility hormone's to get pregnant the first time and was under a lot of stress at the time so she never imagined that she was feeling crummy because she was pregnant). And as far as telling people you're pregnant - I wouldn't worry about social convention, just do what feels right to you.

HURRAY!!!!! Pregnant, how wonderful, I am so happy for you! I am a firm believer that NOTHING in life changes you like motherhood. At least, that's how it's been for me. It's the hardest, but most worthwhile thing you will ever do. Someone wise once said, "To be a mother is to have your heart walk around outside of your chest", and it's absolutely true.

I hope everything goes well for you. As a mom of three little girls, feel free to ask if you have any pregnancy questions. Your body is in for quite a ride, lol! Hang on and try to enjoy it.

HURRAY!!!!! Pregnant, how wonderful, I am so happy for you! I am a firm believer that NOTHING in life changes you like motherhood. At least, that's how it's been for me. It's the hardest, but most worthwhile thing you will ever do. Someone wise once said, "To be a mother is to have your heart walk around outside of your chest", and it's absolutely true.

I hope everything goes well for you. As a mom of three little girls, feel free to ask if you have any pregnancy questions. Your body is in for quite a ride, lol! Hang on and try to enjoy it.

I agree with you 100% that and I never knew I could love someone so much until I had kids I'd give up my own life for them. Don't get me wrong I love my husband more than the world but its a different kind of love when you have a child, and when they put the baby in your arms for the first time you will feel that bond and love.

I really want to experience what you girls are talking about.. i want to have a little girl too like you have 3 sweetnsassy it just seems to be more special with girls.. but i will ofcourse lof a little boy too but i'm dreaming of a little girl..

seriously im a little in tears everytime i think that i am pregnant and how bad i have always wanted this.

I feel like my whole life i have been wanting to get pregnant.. my husband and i have been wanting this for the past 7 years.. you know, i dont think i would have ever gotten pregnant if it was not for WLS :) i feel like crying thinking about how the fertility clinic was telling me that they thought i would never get pregnant because of my weight.. and how desperate and broken i felt.. and then they told me about GB and i layed all my hopes and dreams on it helping me.. AND IT DID...

I really with all my heart want to be a mom

Keren, im sooooo happy for you. I wish you the best!

That's wonderful! Don't dwell on the past and enjoy every single moment! You've worked so hard to get here!!

Oh, Keren, that's fantastic news!! I'm so very happy for you! Congratulations to you and your hubby!

Lisa

Great new Keren! If you have a son name him Jim after me? ;)

Xeni, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

My hubbs and I are also social(me) and anti (him). Some of it is just the differences between men and women. Mine hubbs is more so anti-social than most. We just celebrated 14 yrs of marriage and 18 of being together.

I'm here for you girl! PM any time.

oooh im soooo happy for you !! start your folic acid now and take those vitamins! you'll be ok! I am 19 wks now =)

Oh, and cut yourself some slack in the hormonal/moody/cry-about-everything department, maybe even warn your husband. It's pretty normal for pregnant women to be more emotional than normal.

I would highly recommend my favorite pregnancy book to you, The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy, by Vicki Iovine. I read it at least 10x, lol, and it was my lifeline during all three of my pregnancies. Some people don't really "get" her humor, but I thought she was absolutely hilarious. http://www.amazon.com/The-Girlfriends-Guide-Pregnancy-everything/dp/0671524313

well i had my first hysterical momment yesterday and yelled and cursed at him he finally left and i cried for hours.. i still have a heache over it..

but yeah it was about his computer and what i want from him.. i'm too tired to fight about it two days in a row though so i might give up on that lol

thankyou for the advice.. i will also look up the book :) I probably need to keep myself busy with something other than what i want from him right? :)

Aww mazel tov, hon, what wonderful news!!!!! Just get back on track with your vitamins and stuff -- you have kind of a grace period in early pregnancy, the kid will be fine :)

We told the world the day we found out I was pregnant with PandaKid ... I understand why people wait but I don't see any harm in letting the cat out of the bag to a few insiders :)

((hugs)) Congrats!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Babies are the best! You get a bit of a free pass at the beginning of pregnancy, so don't worry about the the fun you had. Baby will be fine. Also, girls are wonderful and I love both of mine. In fact, we say that if we were assured another girl we'd have number 9 without hesitation. But, my boys are wonderful! Boys love their mama in a way little girls just don't. Girls reserve that for their Daddy. :)

Oh My Gosh!!!! I am in Korea at a business conference and have just found this post!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You will do all the right things, I know you will. Relax and enjoy your experience, make your health (and your baby's) your top priority, and rejoice with your husband. You will make wonderful parents!! I am so happy for you!!!

thankyou so much - i've been wanting this baby all my life i think...... i'm so tired i didnt know it would start out by making me feel sick lol oh well - no one said it would be easy.....

my doctor was telling me i need to stay away from my cat as much as possible.. and i usually sleep with my cat and cuddle it all evening.. i dotn know if it will be harder for my cat or for me to stay away from him.. i kind of want to read about it before i try to push my cat off...

but yes my doctor confirmed today that i am pregnant and scheduled scanning and blood work worried about GB and my pregnancy

yes, stay away from the cat & the litter......

Why stay away from the cat? I've never heard that just that you can't do things with the litter something in the fumes that is harmful to the baby.