kimberkara

Did your shoe size change?

I read somewhere that feet size doesn't change, when anyone gain or lose weight then only feet size changes. I've been size 4 earlier but when I gained weight it changes to size. Of course at that time I'd didn't really realize the cause but now i get to know it was only because of my weight gain.

Ashalashlover -

I feel the same way exactly! I cannot wait for that moment. I can't imagine what that will feel like.

I've noticed most shoes fit better now then they did before. But my feet (usually 9.5WW, 10) still are pretty wide, always have been even as a child. So I'm hoping to lose a bit of the width, not sure if its wishful thinking though.

Mine grew a size for each child I had, during pregnancy. I am now a womens 12 double wide. I hate it! If nothing else I'd like to lose some width. I may have to shop tranny sites to find cute shoes if this is permanent!

Oh, how many times I've thought the same thing....try this website on for size. I drool when I go there. http://www.barefoottess.com

Wow! I never even thought shoe sz could change! I was an 8 in HS & a 9 now. Maybe I'll go back. Very exciting !! More NSVs to look forward too =)

I never thought I had "fat"feet while over weight.... but apparently I did to some extent. I was a 9.5 and now can do some 8.5's. I even tried on 8's the other day, but as cute as the shoes were there was no way :)

I haven't had surgery yet but I am so glad to see this post. I am the flip flop queen in the summer and sport my clogs in the winter. Its the only things that will fit. That and I hate holding my breath and feeling like I am about to rupture my liver to tie or buckle shoes...that and my feet look like they have the muffin top syndrome in cute sandals or high heels. And calves?? Omg, I can't even fit into the queen sized calved boots. The list goes on! :lol:

I used to wear 7 and now I am in a 8.5W or 9 depending on the shoe. I can't wait to wear normal shoes!

You pre-ops will love it. Shoe shopping time. Mine went down a size and a half :)

I read somewhere that feet size doesn't change, when anyone gain or lose weight then only feet size changes. I've been size 4 earlier but when I gained weight it changes to size. Of course at that time I'd didn't really realize the cause but now i get to know it was only because of my weight gain.

I think the actual bone structure/size does not change in our feet. We already have completed our growth as teens. But the extra weight can cause your feet to flatten out some to support you. Plus our feet can be fat, like the rest of our bodies. This flattening and fat can make our feet longer and wider. So as we lose weight it is possible that we lose sizes because the feet lose the fat. With less weight pressing down it is possible that the feet will be less flattened, but no guarantees that the foot will return to the pre-weight gain size.

Thinking back, at 18 and pre-weight gain my foot was a size 8 regular. I would have been a size 7ish and 133 pounds, much of it muscles. Now I am 160ish pounds, size 8 mostly, and wear between a 8.5W and a 9 regular. I still have a little bit of weight to lose which could further reduce the size of my feet. But I think I am pretty much done there, I can't see the feet getting much smaller. Plus the number of pregnancies which loosened up the feet (originally when my feet spread wider) and the years of being obese, I cannot see them getting less wide. I am thrilled to have reached this point.

:eek: Jennifer, you are the first person who's said their feet got bigger! So, Are you saying that you went up in size after you lost weight, or are you saying that your feet grew as your weight increased - which is the usual case. :)

if my feet shrink then i wont have any. i'm a six now.

I was 5 and now I can wear children's shoes which is nice in one way. The price but the styles are hard to find some times.

I went from a 7 or 8 extra wide down to a 5 1/2 shoe.

My wedding ring went from an 8 down to a 4 at my lowest but thankfully, I had a little rebound to where I am now and it's a 4.5.

I didn't even thin about ring size. I wear a 12 now. I have very large hands and feet (also 12) So I will never shrink in to tiny rings, or cute little shoes, but right now everything is so big on me I don't have a lot of choices. Even less than clothes!

Bought new shoes yesterday and I've gone down from a 10 to a 9.5 and from a 4E or 3E to just 2E. Good news is, now my walking shoes don't give me blisters!

Oh my goodness, I never even though about my feet shrinking. I'm so excited to hear I might be able to wear non wide shoes. Look out shoe stores, here I come!

I have found I own more shoes now then I have in years. Since I can actually find shoes that fit, I want more then 2 pairs to match different outfits. Plus, now I can be picky about how the shoe fits and not just accept it as "good enough". I wish I had more room to store cute shoes and time to buy them. I think shoes can make or break an outfit. And now that i can wear cute outfits, i want the whole picture to be good. :P

my shoe size did not change much i still use the same size and my old shoes but yes i can see that i fit more shoes more comfortably because my feet are not as swollen but still they are wide and awkward

Edited by Xeniak

On my list of shoes, is a cute pair of boots that actually fit my calves! Oh the dream......

this weight loss thing is starting to be fun.

I love the idea of being able to wear a sexy 3 inch heel without the pain taking my breath away!

Holy crap! This is the most exciting thing I've read all day. I just figured you could never lose shoe size..Right now I'm almost a 12 in womens and it is the biggest pain to find any cute flats or tennis shoes for that matter! I'm so happy now :)

I was an 11w in heels/flats and a 11-12 in boots. Now I'm a 9.5-10 reg in most shoes and a 10-11R in boots

I wore 11 mediums

Mediums are a lil too wide for my foot nowadays and I wear 10.5's in boots and heels or they'll fall off. size 11 flats fall off my feet now too.

I'm only thinking I lost length since the weight isnt pressing down on my foot anymore and my arch is re-standing up lol I buy very good doctor-recommended types of shoes though that are supposed to help that.

I was wearing an 11 six months ago. I am down to a 9 right now. I would also agree hold off if you can. I only learned my feet went way down as I was going on vacation and my flip flops were crushed from my weight and my physial therapist told me to replace them asap as I had terrible back pain. So I went to the store to find some (I am very picky) I found the cute ones I wanted but they were to small but I tried them on anyway and OMG they fit. I can't wait to see what happens after surgery :D