Today I get to hit the reset button

tdono2

Only 6.5 hours until surgery. 4.5 until I have to be at the hospital. I just finished packing and am ready to try to catch some zzzz's. I'm sure I'm not the only one who suffers from night before gotta do's!

I'll post in here when I'm coherent enough after surgery. See you guys later!

I hope you are doing well after your surgery! Just take it slow and be sure to get in your fluids.

I knew I forgot to update somewhere!! Sorry guys. I'm 5 days post-op and feeling pretty good. One of my incisions is a little painful, but it's the one with the stitch inside so they said to expect that to bother me longer than the rest of them. Because of the additional procedures, I actually have 8 incisions instead of 6. I got two extra ones below my belly button, one on each side.

I'm still struggling with a low grade fever no matter how much I walk or how often I use the spirometer. Again, they said not to worry unless it hits 101. I'm going to try walking outside for a change today. Maybe that will help.

I still haven't weighed myself yet as the surgeon said it would be a couple of weeks before I lost all the fluids from the swelling & surgery. I am going to take measurements weekly, though. That is supposed to be a better measure at this point - except for the waist/high hip area. Since the swelling is all in the abdomen.

Good luck to everyone else who has surgery to come.

• 2 years later...

It is a meter that you use to breath in about 3 to 4 times a day. It helps you avoid blood clots and embolisms.

What is a spiro meter - sorry newbie here .

Exactly what Lennie said.

We were sent home with one with instructions to use it very regularly.  Here's some good information plus a picture.  http://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments_and_procedures/hic_Your_Pre-Surgery_Visit_to_the_IMPACT_Center/hic-how-to-use-an-incentive-spirometer

An incentive Spirometer will help you keep your lungs clear and will help keep your lungs active throughout the recovery process, as if you were performing your daily activities.