An NSV in an Unlikely Time

So the city I'm in is surrounded by wild fires (not close to the city, but the areas around) and the smoke is usually extremely heavy here. It triggered an asthma attack yesterday and I spent the better half of the day in the ER (I'm fine!).

However, after calming down and having been there for 4 hours, I noticed that the alarm on my heart monitor kept going off and was dipping constantly below 50 BPM. I knew it had to be a mistake. Even when I was younger, at my most fit, playing forward in soccer, my resting heart rate has always been high. I was not a big girl then. It has been in the 90's until I got morbidly obese, when it flirted with the 100's for a while.

I asked the nurse and she said that normally, they like people to be around 60-100 but people with very good heart health, like herself as a runner, it can tend to run lower. I asked her to check it manually for me and it was indeed around ~50 bpm. WOW.

First time in my life! Looking back over the past month or two, I realized I rarely get out of breath for any reason and while I may sweat like a pig while exerting myself, I am always able to move forward easily. I guess all the exercise I've been doing in the past year (and especially in the past couple months) has truly been paying off!

Probably the best NSV I've had post op and thought I'd share :D

That has to be one of the best NSV I've heard.

That's great. My resting heart rate is in the high 40's, I was worried about it but the doc said it was fine. I also run.

Thanks! I'm so stoked about it that I could burst lol

Love your attitude!! My heartrate lowered the day of surgery 7 days ago, at 49 from 72, at this point im hoping its temp, as it slows me down a bit, maybe vagus nerve inflammation or damage.

so glad to hear you're ok!!! :)

great NSV!