Any other June people still not able to eat solid food? I was ok with it until yesterday night. Now today I keep thinking about it. I am hide a friend's post on Facebook because is post so many pictures of food. I want to eat something solid so bad right now. I am thinking of buying a lemon and just sucking on it.

I am on full liquids right now. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I have had solid food. I can start puréed soon and I am so looking forward to that lol. Yesterday and today are the first days I have felt hungry

My surgery was June 11 and I just started full liquids. I don't get solids until 8 weeks out which is 2 weeks later than I was expecting but I am following my plan very closely. I have been pretty lucky that I am not hungry and I am not craving anything.

I had my surgery the same day as you charm. I can start solids on week 4. I find it amazing how every dr has their own way of doing things lol

Yes I noticed that. I can start puree after two weeks then soft foods. I was not told about protein shakes just take a vitamins and keep everything fluid. I so want a salad or tuna right now. It might be in my head but I did dream of food twice.

The difference between Charm and Chole is the vertical sleeve. The VSG "typically" has to be on liquids for at least 4 weeks, then pureed for 2 then soft foods at 6-8 weeks post-op. I am 6 weeks post-op and just cleared to eat soft foods yesterday. The seam in your sleeve has to have time to heal before you start putting solid food in there. Don't stray from your surgeons directions. It isn't so bad and as long as you get a protein shake in there you get the energy you need. Stay hydrated and keep you eye on the goal.