Wow, its done. The care I've been receiving is incredible, warm, and comforting. That important because the gas pain, unmatched!! Ive had the dreaded hiccups, but took a great walk thatfelt so good. The painmed pump isa double edged sword. It relieves some pain, but my heart rate goes down low, the minute i drift off. They cant explain it butarnt horribly nervous about it either, says between surgery, pain meds, its not steady and 40, but the alarm goes off, even with ear plugs I wake and it goes back to between 50 and 60. Not my normal rate. That is scary and keeping me up now, hence me on the site at 12:30. Another thing is being hot, i have never been hot, and right now i have a full sized fan in my room and cold towels, but no fever??!

Anyway, thanks for all the stories, they helped me to be better prepared, signing off.

Glad the surgery is over... the stuff with the reaction to pain meds is scary..... I have a hard time with morphine, Im going to ask for something else...

Congrats on your surgery. Welcome to the club. I will be 2 weeks post-op on tomorrow.